Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: android client can't find server

Quote Originally Posted by spudjg1 View Post
    OK, so android device has found the server but won't let me connect . It says connecting but says failed to connect to npvr check to see if npvr is running on the device every time , which I have done with no success . I will try really installing
    I have reinstall, still no success

OK, I have reinstall kaspersky
    I have reinstall, still no success
    Choose your firewall ... make sure that it is the only firewall that is enabled ... configure your firewall to allow NextPVR to operate.

I know nothing about Kaspersky and we don't really support other software here. I would expect that re-running the installer would open the ports on the Windows firewall if that is the only firewall that is enabled. You could try re-running the installer with "Run as Administrator" but that should not be necessary.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Choose your firewall ... make sure that it is the only firewall that is enabled ... configure your firewall to allow NextPVR to operate.

I know nothing about Kaspersky and we don't really support other software here. I would expect that re-running the installer would open the ports on the Windows firewall if that is the only firewall that is enabled. You could try re-running the installer with "Run as Administrator" but that should not be necessary.
    OK back to window fire wall now. I have reinstalled npvr and restarted pc. I have looked at windows fire wall iv clicked on inbound rules and I can see NextPVR and it's components are all set to allow connections. Should this be set to public or private ? Some are set to private and some are set to public. I cant see npvr on outbound rules though. Should I see npvr there ?
    Last edited by spudjg1; 2018-11-05 at 08:22 PM.

I cant see npvr on outbound rules though. Should I see npvr there ?
    There is a few things it can go out for - like downloading show artwork, or if you're using IPTV it'll go out to your IPTV, or using Schedules Direct it'll download listings etc.

Solved, Nord vpn was been controlling behind the scenes. I unistalled and it now works