Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android app looks like a beta

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergy View Post
    I expected a more mature client, but that's not a knock
    It is still fairly early days for the Android client - and I've definitely got further improvements in mind. I'm always happy to hear suggestions.

And I did sit and think about the purchase $8.99US=$11.91CDN
    Actually it's $6.99US and $8.99CDN

You are correct sub. I'm unaccustomed to PLAY purchases and didn't realize it lists in CDN - this is uncommon. My daily driver is Apple where the conversion happens on my credit card, like just about everywhere else.

I will post some suggestions in the appropriate group sub.

Q: is the EPG scrolling on ATV client (one-line-per-press) restricted by the ATV/hardware or programmatic? Takes a while to go through a long list of channels one-press-at-a-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergy View Post
    Q: is the EPG scrolling on ATV client (one-line-per-press) restricted by the ATV/hardware or programmatic? Takes a while to go through a long list of channels one-press-at-a-time.
    The Android app was really initially designed for phone/tablet devices, where you can fairly easily navigate around the guide by swiping with your fingers. For Android TV style devices I am somewhat limited by remote - the nvidia shield which pretty much only has up/down/left/right/ok/back, which doesn't really give a lot of options for implementing things like skip a day etc.

What device are you using?

I'm running on an h96 pro plus. Not official ATV but closer to it than a phone.

Perhaps a better remote would be helpful - mine has the up/down/left/right/ok/back that you speak of. It's not a great experience.