Advert:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 4.2.3 available (11th November)

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Unfortunately Emby used a different API than all the other clients, and that wont be available in NextPVR v5. I would have spent time with the Emby guys helping them convert the plugin to use the main API, but with them going commercial now, I'm not sure I'd bother. They're welcome to update the plugin themselves, and I'll be happy to answer any questions, but they'll have to do the work.
    Oh well, will just have to hope everything works out. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    You can download 4.2.3.181112 from https://nextpvr.com/NPVRSetup_4_2_3_181112.exe

This is a fairly minor release, rolling the patches posted for 4.2.2 into the main release. See next post for some comments on the future versions of NextPVR.

Please post any support issues in the support forum. Support questions posted in this thread will be deleted.

Changes:
    This is Awesome stuff! Great move!

I would like to be considered for Beta testing the new version and would be interested in seeing if it is possible to use IIS along with SSL, as recently discussed by email.
    --
    Marc

Will MacOS be supported?

Quote Originally Posted by mattpwill View Post
    Will MacOS be supported?
    Yes, but likely only for HDHomeRun/IPTV sources.

sub, your comments have hinted that the V5 version will support Hauppauge HD-PVR device types on all but Linux platforms due to lack of drivers. True? HD-PVR will still be supported on the Windows platform?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    sub, your comments have hinted that the V5 version will support Hauppauge HD-PVR device types on all but Linux platforms due to lack of drivers. True?
    V5 will support different devices on different platforms, since this stuff is different on each platform, and each have their own issues. It'll pretty much come down to how easy it is to access different devices on each platform. If a device doesn't have drivers for a specific platform, then it's unlikely it'll be supported on that platform.

The initial set of devices supported on each platform wont be the final list of devices supported on each platform. I'm sure support for more types of device will be added over time.

Regarding the HD-PVR on Linux - I haven't even looked whether this would be possible. At this stage I've been focusing on more widely used device types.

HD-PVR will still be supported on the Windows platform?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by rosede View Post
    That's good to hear. The one thing about NPVR that I always wish was a port to Linux.

I'm looking forward to being able to use the next version.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Daryl
    Seconded, I've been trying to get away from Windows since windows 8. Not fond of the alternatives to NPVR. Will it make its way into the Debian repositories?

As v5 is closed source it will not make it into typical repositories.

Martin