Advert:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2.3 available (11th November)

Quote Originally Posted by rosede View Post
    Does this mean that I will now be able to install on a Linux server?
    Yes

That's good to hear. The one thing about NPVR that I always wish was a port to Linux.

I'm looking forward to being able to use the next version.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Yes
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    wow!
    +1! :d
    Server: ASRock P67 Pro3 B3, i5 2500K 4.0Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia GT430 HDMI, Win 10 Pro 64bit.
    Hauppage Win-TV 2210 Dual DVB-T & analogue, Win-TV Quad HD, Win-TV Nova-T USB.
    Client: Intel NUC i3 Broadwell, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD, Win 10 Pro 64bit.

New Version Wants

Hopefully version 5 will have a 64bit version. Maybe even 4.x could be compiled as 64bit?

Another want for the installer is the options to install or relocate the program AND data on other drives and folders without registry hacks. This is necessary now to overcome the under-capacity issues on SSD C: drives.

Quote Originally Posted by KNet View Post
    Hopefully version 5 will have a 64bit version.
    I don't want to get into a full discussion about it now, but most of the components are using .NET Core, and will run as a 64bit process on 64bit processors. On Windows, which as more bits of software that make up the complete solution, some bit of it will still run as a 32bit processes, to allow use of 32bit directshow filters etc.

Maybe even 4.x could be compiled as 64bit?
    Nothing like this will be changing about 4.x.

I'm miles away from thinking about installers etc.

A few comments on NextPVR v5.0 and above...

I just wanted to give you all a minor heads up on changes that are coming in the next few months. I've been beavering away on the next major release of NextPVR, which is a large new development. This version of NextPVR will be the first to be cross platform capable, with the backend server able to installed on a variety of platforms. Quite a bit of effort has gone into making it compatible with existing clients, like Kodi, XNEWA, Android/iOS apps etc.

While this new release reuses a lot of code from previous releases (public api, recording service, much of the UI etc), most of the platform specific stuff and plumbing has been rewritten. With these large changes, 5.x will be in beta for a while - initially private beta, and then a public beta. Because of this, for a period of time I'll also be maintaining the 4.x code base, and potentially doing some more releases on that version, rather than forcing the use of 5.x from the get go.
    Interesting
    So your final going to modernize look and fell of NextPVR?

I don't understand what you mean, but if you want to post more concrete details in the support forum, I'll take a look.
    Maybe refer to channel import list which show mulit channel from same channel
    2 KJRH
    2 KJRHDT
    6 KOTV
    6 KOTVDT
    etc etc you get the picture right subs

Or maybe he talk about when add channel and one forget uncheck all other which need simplified this process to be easy to work with
    Maybe change that area to like how Emby, SageTV, Plex where just un check the channel we want or do want like this mockup photo get rid of import
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So exctited.....can't wait to test it....

Yes
    If you have an arrangement with Hauppauge to get Linux drivers for HD-PVR-2 for use with NPVR on Linux, you'll be an absolute legend.