Thread: Problems App on Andriod When Trying to Watch Recorded

Problems App on Andriod When Trying to Watch Recorded

I can find the server and the recorded shows show in the recording section but when I try to watch a recording just gets stuck transcoding or sometimes says buffering and sticks at 75-100%. I can watch the recordings no problem on my PC where the recordings were done. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pezram View Post
    I can find the server and the recorded shows show in the recording section but when I try to watch a recording just gets stuck transcoding or sometimes says buffering and sticks at 75-100%. I can watch the recordings no problem on my PC where the recordings were done. Any help would be appreciated.
    Please recreate the problem and then post the logs from NextPVR on the Windows machine ... NextPVR Settings --> About and press the button to zip your logs ... Please tell us the time that you attempted to play a recording. Thanks.

It might be that your Windows machine is not able to transcode the recording quick enough.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Please recreate the problem and then post the logs from NextPVR on the Windows machine ... NextPVR Settings --> About and press the button to zip your logs ... Please tell us the time that you attempted to play a recording. Thanks.

It might be that your Windows machine is not able to transcode the recording quick enough.
    Attempted playing around 10:35
    Attached Files Attached Files

The nrecord.log has ...

2018-11-22 10:32:57.928 [DEBUG][4] Unexpected error copying web references: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\bin\NRecord.exe' is denied.
    ... and I have no clue why.

You could try re-running the NextPVR installer ... don't uninstall ... just re-run the installer (to be hyper-cautious ... copy c:\Users\Public\NPVR\npvr.db3 and config.xml before you rerun the installer).

Or you can wait until someone who knows something comes along.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Hmm, not sure if those logs actually managed to capture the attempt. Can kill the android app, reboot the PC, then restart the android app to try again, then repost the logs?