Thread: Re-recording existing content

Re-recording existing content

Hi Sub,

long time no hear -- need to send you a beer or two for Christmas!

I'm doing a lot of recording on NPVR, but (mea culpa) mainly using it as a recording back end for Kodi for OTA movies and series in Germany. The filters I am using tend to capture a lot of repeats, and it gets worse once the data has been "cleaned".

Cleaning means that the raw TS files are cut with VideoReDo to remove pre/post padding and commercials, transcoded to H.264 MP4 and sometimes MKV files, then moved over to a bunch of NAS folders for Kodi and distribution to the devices at home.

My problem is that the automated web recording sweep continually picks up movies and content I already have loaded -- how can I setup the system such that local and NAS content is scanned for pre-existing files and not auto-recorded?

For example I have data stored on file shares similar to these:

"J:\Movies1\3 Engel für Charlie - Volle Power\3 Engel für Charlie - Volle Power.mp4"
    or
    "\\wdmycloud\Movies\Appleseed\Appleseed.mp4"
    or
    "N:\Movies3\2 Millionen Dollar Trinkgeld (1994)\2 Millionen Dollar Trinkgeld (1994).mkv"

I know NPVR has existing recording crash advoidance logic, but not sure how to apply in the Kodi use case here.

Thanks,
    Dane
    - Dane

Cheap Medion Minitower, but it's quiet enough
    - Windows 10x64
    - Digital Devices dual DVB-C PCIe
    - TerraTec Cinergy C PCI HD on a PCIe x1 Adapter (yes, it works!)
    - Kodi front end, NPVR back end

Since the duplicate check is based on the unique I'd avoiding duplicates will be difficult. It might be better to update the file name in NextPVR after cleaning and extending the retention time for avoiding duplicates.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I managed to get a close approximation -- but after the fact instead -- once a recording is created, I use the NPVR native "filename (date)" convention for storage, and have a batch file in postprocessing to check my various drives for a directory of the same name and then mark the directory if found. I could imagine NPVR would perform the same check when starting a recording and bail on recording if found.

I store all temp files on H:\Recordings, and if the directory is in use and can't rename, create a reminder file just in case. Finally it checks the DELETED folder which is for recordings I've sorted out (don't have and don't want again) in case a rerun comes -- it's just full of zero-size directories with the recordings names.

The last call is to try and work better around the logfile rollovers -- so each time a recording finishes, it snaps the logs.

My WISH -- could NPVR do the directory check first, before going to allocate a tuner???

Take a look

Code:
    H:
    CD Recordings
    for /D %%f in (*.*) do (
      if exist "D:\Movies3\%%f" (move "%%f" "x-%%f"
    					 if errorlevel 1 echo yes > "x-%%f.txt")
      if exist "G:\Movies2\%%f" (move "%%f" "x-%%f"
      if exist "J:\Movies1\%%f" (move "%%f" "x-%%f"
      if exist "W:\%%f" (move "%%f" "x-%%f"
      if exist "H:\RECORDINGS\DELETED\%%f" (move "%%f" "x-%%f"
      )

call C:\Users\Public\NPVR\logfile.bat
    Last edited by daneo; 2018-12-24 at 11:43 AM.
    - Dane

Cheap Medion Minitower, but it's quiet enough
    - Windows 10x64
    - Digital Devices dual DVB-C PCIe
    - TerraTec Cinergy C PCI HD on a PCIe x1 Adapter (yes, it works!)
    - Kodi front end, NPVR back end