Thread: Keyboard shortcut for mute/unmute

Keyboard shortcut for mute/unmute

Now that the context menu has a mute/unmute option, could you add a keyboard shortcut for this function?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdc View Post
    Now that the context menu has a mute/unmute option, could you add a keyboard shortcut for this function?
    NextPVR does not have a volume function. Changing the volume when using NextPVR is being done by changing the volume in Windows. What device do you use to change volume? Does the device have a mute button?

The Internet is awash with people asking about mute in Windows ... there are options
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

I am using the NextPVR client, and it has an entry in the context menu: "Mute" (and "Unmute" when muted). I'm still new to NextPVR, but to me it looks like NextPVR is controlling the volume. If the mute/unmute function is there, why not allow a keyboard shortcut?

Granted there are options for Windows, but I was hoping for a single key that I can press while watching... Hmm, I suppose I could remap a mouse button...

To answer your question I am using a PC speaker setup that has no remote or mute function.

Yeah, there is a mute/unmute function. There isn't currently a keyboard shortcut, but I'll try to add one.

if it has a volume it will have a mute function..does the volume slider show up in tray? mute is at bottom..
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie