Thread: Copy protection

Copy protection

Hi Sub,

My HD Homerun Prime is doing annoying things with NextPVR. While I can view certain fox sports channels in both Google Live Android tv app and also HDHomeRun app, I cannot even view the channels in Next PVR. Yes I want to record the games as my kids canít stay up late enough to watch. Do you have an idea of potential options?

As always thank you.
    Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz, ASUS P7H55D-M, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333, 1.5TB SATA 3.0 HD, Windows 10 Pro, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 (depreciated), SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime, Harmony One
    Asus Pundit-R, Celron 2.4 Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM, 300 GB Seagate HD, 2 PVR-250

If the channel is copy protected on your HDHomeRun Prime, there is nothing NextPVR can do to receive this channels (without me investing multiple hundred thousand $$$). The only realistic options are looking for alternative ways to get those channels, or talking to your cable operator to get the copy protection removed (which surprisingly some people have succeed at in the past - though I suspect you're shit out of luck with Fox channels).

Is this for recordings or live tv? If just live tv, this might simply be a h264 requiring a rescan. Also check out the web server on your Prime via http://my.hdhomerun.com/ and look at the channel lineup to see if it has the DRM flag on the channel.

Martin

It does have a flag, I would like to record, but it would also be nice to watch, which I can on other apps.
    Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz, ASUS P7H55D-M, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333, 1.5TB SATA 3.0 HD, Windows 10 Pro, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 (depreciated), SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime, Harmony One
    Asus Pundit-R, Celron 2.4 Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM, 300 GB Seagate HD, 2 PVR-250

Sub already adwdressed the cost involved at his end in support of DRM. Even though you wrote other apps note it is not only the app the player hardware has.to support DRM too and there are many Android players that don't license or implement DRM.

Martin