Thread: One channel visible in HDHomerun app but not in NextVPR

One channel visible in HDHomerun app but not in NextVPR

Hi,

I have a HDHomeRun and run NextPVR on a WIndows 10 machine. All channels (that I watch, anyway) work normally with both applications except one. This one channel (Veronica through Ziggo in the Netherlands) is fine when viewed with the HDHomerun app but gives just a black screen in NextVPR while watching live and a 0 bytes file when recording. Anyone has an idea what's going on?

Thanks.

Not sure how HDHomeRun works in Netherlands, but in US, broadcasters can mark channels as "Copy Once" (i.e. DRM protected). If they are designated this way, it won't play in NPVR.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Thanks.

The problem was I could see part of the channels only with the HDHomeRun app, which is not possible with encrypted content, but not with NextVPR.

It appeared that Ziggo changed something on the network so I had to select a different 'Region' in NextPVR and re-scan the channels. Everything's back in working order now.

Quote Originally Posted by UserX View Post
    It appeared that Ziggo changed something on the network so I had to select a different 'Region' in NextPVR and re-scan the channels. Everything's back in working order now.
    Great - glad you got it sorted.

It's hard to keep the country/operator/region specific files entirely up to date, but usually an 'all regions' type scan will find them (though that can be still be a little hit or miss with DVB-C)