Thread: Ndigitalhost memory usage

Ndigitalhost memory usage

Repost due to me putting it in the wrong place before...
    Apologies if this has already been queried, I did try and find another mention of it.

Since upgrading to 4.2.3, I'm getting excessive memory use from ndigitalhost when nextpvr is idle. Last time I caught it at 900mb and this time around 700mb. Restarting the recording service seems to solve it temporarily.

I've attached a screengrab of task manager and my log files... anybody else seen this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

One of your devices is failing

2019-01-01 04:01:53.753 [DEBUG][80] Using tuner: TBS 6281 DVBT/T2 Tuner A (1)
    2019-01-01 04:01:53.791 [DEBUG][80] Starting graph...
    2019-01-01 04:01:53.819 [DEBUG][80] Failed to start device: 0x8007000e

Martin

After restarting the recordings service, and watching live tv is it like that, or is it after an EPG update? I know it can use quite a lot of memory doing an EPG update.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    After restarting the recordings service, and watching live tv is it like that, or is it after an EPG update? I know it can use quite a lot of memory doing an EPG update.
    Thanks, I'll take a further look once I get the chance.

I think the other response about a failing tuner is a bit of a red herring - It seems my particular tv card has sporadic issues where I can't use both tuners. Had the same problem using WMC too. I don't seem to have to do anything to fix that - it just picks up on later recordings!

Sorry about the massive delay. I never got to the bottom of this, but the memory usage never seemed to get quite as high.
    Now, however, nextpvr crashes out when I attempt to update epg. I don't know if that's related to my earlier memory issue.

It's happening regardless of whether it's an automatic update or a manually triggered one through the settings window, resulting in massive epg holes now.

Martin suggested one of my tuners was failing. I didn't get whether he meant failing as in terminal or just failing to go to record (recordings, even simultaneous ones seem ok at the moment). Could this be a result of a failing tuner?

I've tried reinstalling, with no change to symptoms.

Thanks in advance... Any help is massively appreciated.

You should send all the logs and also check for possible messages in the Windows Event Viewer. Also if you have a c:\temp folder is there a crash file in there? If so you can upload it for sub to review later this week.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    You should send all the logs and also check for possible messages in the Windows Event Viewer. Also if you have a c:\temp folder is there a crash file in there? If so you can upload it for sub to review later this week.

Martin
    Thanks Martin,
    Here's the dump file from c:\temp. I'll dig through the Event log ASAP.
    I zipped the logs and added them to my previous reply. Is there any extra logs that are useful with this sort of thing?

Edit: Incidentally - I notice that crash file was timestamped 06:xx this morning, so is from later than the logs I'd previously collected. I think that means that this file was generated after the daily epg update rather than a manual one if that's worth anything.
    Also, found eventlog saying the ntdll.dll was faulting, so I'm just looking into dism to see if I can fix that.
    Owen
    Last edited by OwenBerg; 2019-04-02 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks for the nudge in what appears to be the right direction with this.
    I ran the dism command to fix my windows image and after quite some time, the process completed and I have a full EPG again.

I've done a second, manual update and nextpvr didn't crash out.

I loaded up that crash.mdmp in the debugger. Unfortunately it didn't really help pinpoint any specific cause - it was had to see what it was actually doing. It seemed to indicate it died in some Microsoft COM .net wrapper thing.