Thread: Ndigitalhost memory usage

Ndigitalhost memory usage

Repost due to me putting it in the wrong place before...
    Apologies if this has already been queried, I did try and find another mention of it.

Since upgrading to 4.2.3, I'm getting excessive memory use from ndigitalhost when nextpvr is idle. Last time I caught it at 900mb and this time around 700mb. Restarting the recording service seems to solve it temporarily.

I've attached a screengrab of task manager and my log files... anybody else seen this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

One of your devices is failing

2019-01-01 04:01:53.753 [DEBUG][80] Using tuner: TBS 6281 DVBT/T2 Tuner A (1)
    2019-01-01 04:01:53.791 [DEBUG][80] Starting graph...
    2019-01-01 04:01:53.819 [DEBUG][80] Failed to start device: 0x8007000e

Martin

After restarting the recordings service, and watching live tv is it like that, or is it after an EPG update? I know it can use quite a lot of memory doing an EPG update.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    After restarting the recordings service, and watching live tv is it like that, or is it after an EPG update? I know it can use quite a lot of memory doing an EPG update.
    Thanks, I'll take a further look once I get the chance.

I think the other response about a failing tuner is a bit of a red herring - It seems my particular tv card has sporadic issues where I can't use both tuners. Had the same problem using WMC too. I don't seem to have to do anything to fix that - it just picks up on later recordings!