Thread: NextPVR Kodi plugin doesn't remeber the group setting when it is re-run

NextPVR Kodi plugin doesn't remeber the group setting when it is re-run

NextPVR Kodi plugin doesn't remember the group setting it was on when it is re-run. Si setting up a group for kids it just reverts back to all channels. ServerWMC I used previously worked fine in this regard. I migrated to NextPVR to gain easier control of channel changes, but that ease is being thwarted by basics that don't work correctly.

I'm pretty sure this isn't related to the addon, but kodi itself. ie, the addon doesn't have a 'current group' - it just answers questions from Kodi like 'give me the list of channels', 'give me the listings for channel x', 'give me the list of groups', 'give me the list of channels in group x' etc. Any presentation stuff, like what it's showing in it's TV guide etc is just taken care of by Kodi itself.

It's a bit late in the v18 program cycle but I will have a look for v18.1, it might be possible to save the last referenced group.

Also note that we have a Kodi sub forum here.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I'm pretty sure this isn't related to the addon, but kodi itself.
    As I said in OP "ServerWMC I used previously worked fine in this regard." (I will triple check that asap though as so many diff configs over years)

I reverted to Kodi 17 upon reaching Kodi 18 rc3 as it was too slow (on fireTV's) and buggy + didn't work on Oculus Go headset whereas 17.6 does.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
    ServerWMC I used previously worked fine in this regard.
    Yep, I noticed you said that, but I'm still pretty sure this stuff is managed outside of the addon (so I'm going on the assumption you were mistaken about this). ie, Kodi doesn't tell the addon 'the user has now switched to group x' or anything like that.

Alas it gives some weird error now, so I can no longer run ServerWMC to double check it, though WMC itself still runs fine.
    I thought I had a workaround before whereby I hid the other groups in Kodi settings, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.
    Last edited by Beeman; 2019-01-12 at 01:26 AM.