Thread: Some recurring not recording

Some recurring not recording

I have had a problem lately with some shows which are set up as recurring but on the schedule from Schedules Direct not showing to record. If I then hit quick record on the show it records fine. The shows I have noticed lately are 9-1-1,FBI, NCIS, and S.W.A.T.. The only commonality I have noticed is none of them have a lower case letter in them. Some are set up as record all on one channel or on all channels.

Dale Dewiing
    Last edited by Dale Dewing; 2019-01-13 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dewing View Post
    I have had a problem lately with some shows which are set up as recurring but on the schedule from Schedules Direct not showing to record.
    In NextPVR Settings --> Channels ... Click Update EPG (this will trigger NextPVR to reschedule all recurring recordings) ... after the update has ended ... Attach all of the NextPVR logs to a post telling us the time that you did the EPG update. Thanks.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

The usual reason it wont schedule shows as part of a recurring recording are because you either already have the episode, or have deleted it in the last 90 days. (there is a command you can run to forget this 'recently deleted' history)

I checked the next weeks recordings and found that 2 of the shows mentioned are not scheduled. A third "FBI"scheduled to record fine and the fourth S.W.A.T. did not schedule but according to a database I keep of shows I have watched it is a rerun. I would guess that sub is right. I did not realize that that was a feature. Is it possible to turn that feature off?

If you don't what it to remember shows you recently deleted, you can set <DeletionHistoryDays>0</DeletionHistoryDays> in config.xml