Thread: Could not open NextPVR on 127.0.0.1 from Kodi on Sony TV with Android OS

Could not open NextPVR on 127.0.0.1 from Kodi on Sony TV with Android OS

Hi Martin,

I've been trying to get XNEWA working on my new
    Sony TV with Android OS [Sony Bravia KD-49X9000F (90F/900F)]
    In doing so I have been relearning what I did for the RPi2 install, using your video, past notes etc.

I am now stuck at this message:
    Could not open NextPVR on 127.0.0.1 [from Kodi on Sony TV with Android OS]

• I disabled my firewall and tried - no go. See attached when running.
    • I can access http://127.0.0.1:8866 (it goes to Guide.aspx) from the Server PC; but not from a notebook on the same Network, which says "connection refused"?
    • Logs are attached.

I am not able to get you Kodi logs (at least I don't think so?) as I cannot SSH or WinSCP into the TVs OS.
    Is there anything else you need me to do to help you here? DO I need to add the MAC address of the TV under clients e.g. so it goes into config.xml?

LATER: At some later stage, because I wish to autostart NextPVR and adjust the Guide.xml, I will also need to work out how to WinSCP into the TV Android system. I read this is possible with adb, and I tied that on port 5555 but got "Connection Refused". I have already enabled the developer option by pressing the lowest button in the 'About' "Build" menu 4 times and got the message it was enabled. There’s a New Android OS out for it shortly too Sony Bravia KD-49X9000F (90F/900F). Is this the correct way to access the advancedsettings.xml and guide.xml files I need to modify?

Cheers

k.

[EDIT] Ooops, reading this https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...e-loaded/page2, I think I need to check settings... if I can work out how to do that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jksmurf; 2019-01-24 at 12:15 PM.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Hooray! fixed it. As per that last link I'd forgotten to configure XNEW Settings, so I added my Server IP Address in and bingo!
    It did get stuck navigating with the higher OSD Screens, but appeared to work Ok when I backed that off. Screens are 1920x1080, but lower res.

I miss the blue button that brings up the timeline though. The Sony remote has them, but it doesn't bring up the OSD.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.