Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Moved] Comskip with XNEWA on Kodi 18 Leia

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    This is the NFS Server I use:

https://www.hanewin.net/doc/nfs/nfsd.htm
    https://www.hanewin.net/doc/nfs/nfs-faq.htm

I asked the author. Certainly

"G:\ArchivedMovies" is >12 chars; Child of our time is in there.
    I would change the share name it doesn't have to be the same as the folder. To use nfs you need to edit advanced settings to replace smb but really there is little need for nfs with broadcast recordings

Martin

The Hanewin NFS guy said "there is no 8.3 limit by the server, but it depends on the volume. The software reads the supported name length on each volume. If you have problems with G:, is G: a volume that supports long filenames?"

All Volumes are NTFS; including G.

NTFS can go to 255 chars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...systems#Limits

I will change the SMB share name length on G anyway to <12, so it now reads:

<substitute>
    <from>G:/ArchivedMovies/</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.1.10/ArchMovies/</to>
    </substitute>

Will test it later. My understanding is that comskip works with SMB shares, but I have set up both NFS and SMB and I am still a bit confused as to when it uses which one (and if that is the reason skipping is not working).

Did you have a chance to look at the tests from last night (posted last night, with logs)?

ta.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Skipping won't care if it is smb or nfs. I probably wouldn't use both in advanced settings for the same folder.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Skipping won't care if it is smb or nfs. I probably wouldn't use both in advanced settings for the same folder.

Martin
    OK; I will leave it as SMB only in advanced settings.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Sorry I missed your logs from last night but they clearly show nfs working and smb not configured correctly.. The Kodi action is the third column in the edl file https://kodi.wiki/view/Edit_decision_list
    I like 3 and hate 0. You might prefer 2 for manual skipping but web client doesn't map a key to do this so you need the Kodi player controls

Martin

No worries, I know I've been rattling out the tests and posts! Your help continues to be appreciated.

My edl files are all set to 3 for that show as that same link said (quiet some time ago) "A workaround to get .EDL files working properly is to change the edl_skip_field in comskip.ini to 3"

Code:
    0.00	        77.40	3
    710.64	858.72	3
    1495.56	1585.20	3
    2214.48	2307.84	3
    3025.80	3151.80	3
    3920.88	4075.08	3
    This is what I have been using, but I now realise it is to accommodate XBMC (Kodi). The PCH (and desktop version of NextPVR) didn't use Kodi (nor the edl =3 setting) and I only installed Librelec/Kodi/XNEWA on the RPi as a backup so I never saw the issue until recently when I started using the Sony TV android system.

I don't need manual skipping, I'd just like it to work like in NextPVR for continuity (Kids/WAF), so I think I am with you on 3 (which mine are set to anyway).

So I just need that to work in Kodi (and I only use Kodi as it supports XNEWA which in turn supports ComSkipping).
    If Comskip on Kodi (via XNEWA) only works with SMB, it sounds like I need to get SMB sorted out.

I updated Kodi to 18 RC 5 as I had understood recently that Kodi supports SMB2/3 and Windows 10 turned off SMB1. I was going to enable SMB1 but thought why not update Kodi to Leia, and then I won't have to. Attached pic is of current settings (not changed by me). As I said yesterday, I checked SMB2 is indeed enabled in the Windows server using the PowerShell check (True).

I am not sure how to troubleshoot Samba TBH (or how you know that "smb not configured correctly") but my first check is change that file share length for G from ArchivedMovies to ArchMovies.

Cheers

k.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The test I asked yesterday will help. See if you configure the Kodi video library to use your smb share.

Martin

Hi Martin, you wrote:

Code:
    Sorry I missed your logs from last night but they clearly show nfs working and smb not configured correctly..
    Troubleshooting SMB Shares:
    I checked the share permissions on the Server, for which Guest was DISABLED (probably since SMB1 was disabled by Microsoft's update); I am not sure if this is what is (has been) stopping SMB access but this site suggests there may be a link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/...nd-windows-ser

On using Guest Shares, JavaWiz wrote this in 2016, which I used to re-enable my guest shares:
    https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...hare-on-server NOTE: Microsoft suggested doing so was a security risk. (as above link).

I had to download a file to be able to use gpedit.msc on Windows Home - see link:
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/access...-settings-try/

I am not sure if Guest Shares are still required in NextPVR.
    Do you know what Kodi uses for logging on? Guest? If I have "Everyone" would this bypass the need for Guest?
    Will report back on whether skips work OK, with logs if necessary.

k.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Guest login is still allowed and it is not the same as Everyone which is account based. You can also use username and password in advanced settings but that shouldn't be necessary.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Guest login is still allowed and it is not the same as Everyone which is account based. You can also use username and password in advanced settings but that shouldn't be necessary.

Martin
    OK - allowed or required? I just tried the skip again after enabling guest access which I thought might fix Samba but it didn't work on the RPi2 or Sony Android in Kodi XNEWA.

If Samba is working, I should be able to navigate to the Samba shares on my Server via KODIs file manager right? (like I can navigate to NFS Shares); because I tried it and I cannot navigate to any Samba Shares on the server (SMB2).

https://paste.kodi.tv/uhorifibum

This Samba Share access cannot be so difficult surely; very frustrating. I’m not alone: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304203&page=2
    Last edited by jksmurf; 2019-01-30 at 05:16 AM.