Thread: IPTV Pretuning and Internet Radio

IPTV Pretuning and Internet Radio

Hi sub, can the pretuning .exe for IPTV modify the URL in the database? Also you posted the URL for IPTV can be internet radio. If the guide is flagged radio does it matter what video codec is selected when adding the URL?

Finally I think I posted this before and couldn't find it If under the channels guide a station is set as Radio, would it be possible to filter out any video streams preferably at recording time or on streaming to Kodi.

Thanks.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Hi sub, can the pretuning .exe for IPTV modify the URL in the database?
    It doesn't current reload the channel details at this stage, so it'd still use the existing url until next time it needed to load the channel list.

Also you posted the URL for IPTV can be internet radio. If the guide is flagged radio does it matter what video codec is selected when adding the URL?
    When it comes to IPTV, it'll assume channel with H.264 video and AAC audio. If you used an internet radio station, it'd work, giving you audio, but you'd have a black screen at the time.

Finally I think I posted this before and couldn't find it If under the channels guide a station is set as Radio, would it be possible to filter out any video streams preferably at recording time or on streaming to Kodi.
    Unfortunately that's not straight forward - it'd require quite a bit of manipulation to the stream as part of streaming it to Kodi. There is nothing in place that does anything like this.

That is too bad, I guess my idea of using NextPVR IPTV as WebRadio isn't going to work. I think modifying the URL would be useful in the future if you ever implement it as part of pre-tuning.

Martin

Yep, I can definitely look to add that, just not right now.

I had been considering a type of plugin, which lets the plugin return the final url (and any cookies etc), which might have been useful for streaming services etc where they might need to specific logic to login/interact with that service.

That's what I thought this exe could handle. Hopefully any plugin would use a simple interface. This kind of scripting is easy with python.

Martin