Thread: npvr addon odroid c2

npvr addon odroid c2

i'm having a bit of trouble with the npvr addon on my odroid c2 running libreelec 9 (kodi 18) when ever i try to play a tv channel as it starts to play it lock's kodi up and i have to ssh in and restart kodi as it stops responding to the remote. on my nuc running librelec 9 and my win laptop running kodi 18 it all works as it should. kodi logs included
    Attached Files Attached Files

We need to see your NextPVR logs too.

Martin

ok npvr logs to go with

Those seem like new logs with not streaming going on. Did you duplicate the problem?

Also does the TT-budget S2_4200 DVB-S/S2 Tuner work in NextPVR? I see some recording failures with this device.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2019-02-06 at 11:26 PM.

the problem was about 5 hours ago im not sure how the logs work i will reproduce the problem tomorrow and upload logs for both kodi and npvr without a time gap so they are easier to search

Ok, but make sure the same channels work in NextPVR. The web logs are a bit spammy and rollover too fast to capture 5 hours of active Kodi even if nothing is playing.

Martin

ok i stopped npvr on the pc then started it again, booted the odroid tried to play a channel kodi locked up. used ssh to restart kodi tried playing a second channel locked up again. funny thing is even trying to play recordings locks up kodi. but if i play the same file directly over a smb share the recording plays fine. and the same channels play fine on different kodi clients and even on the odroid if i play them through xnewa

If I had to guess (you turned Kodi debug on after playback) it looks like there is blocking on streaming thread [4] while other threads are processing the channel listings in the new "stupid" feature in v18 that tries to download expired EPG data from past recurring recordings every 30 seconds. I do have a fix for this that I have to resubmit to sub.

Martin