Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: ***No Errors, but no data delivered........

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    It is not likely that this is due to anything in NextPVR ... I have read that there is HomeRun software that allows you to view the status of the device. It may that you can setup a quantity of test recordings and monitor the tuners in the hope that you can catch a failing recording while it is in progress and the HomeRun tells you why it is not sending data to NextPVR.
    Or you can verify that the HDHR is indeed sending data. Because in my cases where it is happening, I have verified with wireshark that the HDHR is actually sending the data to the NextPVR server--but the NRecord process just isn't listening on the port and receiving the data (until I exit X-NEWA).

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
    Do you use a client (like X-NEWA) that uses the web client running in the NRecord.exe process? I have been seeing the problem where some recordings from an HDHR tuner get this error fairly frequently again. So I need to try to work with sub again to troubleshoot (and hopefully get fixed) my problem. I have a process monitoring all active NPVR recordings and whenever one isn't growing, it will pop-up a window on my laptop. I have found again that in every case, if I close the X-NEWA client in kodi (by selecting the Exit option), then the recording will begin growing. (And I can go back into X-NEWA on the kodi client without any problem.) The problem is that I can't force it to happen, so I have to be here and catch it when it's happening.
    No, I do not use X-NEWA. I use the default addon that comes with Kodi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    It is not likely that this is due to anything in NextPVR ... I have read that there is HomeRun software that allows you to view the status of the device. It may that you can setup a quantity of test recordings and monitor the tuners in the hope that you can catch a failing recording while it is in progress and the HomeRun tells you why it is not sending data to NextPVR.
    It's entirely possible that it is the HD software. The issue is, I am not at present at that location and can't catch the recordings. I've been displaced and can only check the recordings when I stop in to check on things.

    Last month I had to replace my HDHomeRun Prime device. I was fortunate and found a used one (SD no longer sells the the device that I was using, and their six tuner has not yet been released). I actually was able to pick get two devices and a Quattro for the price of what most used devices are selling for on eBay. So, because of these changes, there might be something there that is causing this issue, I just have not had the opportunity to effectively troubleshoot the issue. I just may have to wait until my house has been return to a livable condition and I can really spend sometime troubleshooting this issue.

    I guess I was just hoping that someone could see something in the logs pointing to an issue that would make it easier to resolve.

    Thanks for your input.

    Daryl

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by rosede View Post
    No, I do not use X-NEWA. I use the default addon that comes with Kodi.
    It's very possible that the Kodi addon client affects the NRecord.exe process the same was that the X-NEWA client does. But I'm not sure how you would "exit" it.

    Do you have remote network access to the server? If so, you might try using the setup to monitor for these recordings (i.e. recordings that are not growing) as they are happening. I posted it here.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
    It's very possible that the Kodi addon client affects the NRecord.exe process the same was that the X-NEWA client does. But I'm not sure how you would "exit" it.

    Do you have remote network access to the server? If so, you might try using the setup to monitor for these recordings (i.e. recordings that are not growing) as they are happening. I posted it here.
    I suppose that it's possible that the Kodi addon is causing this issue. Everything worked great for the first week or so after I put up the replacement prime, but then suddenly started having issues. Addon's are updated automatically, so it's entirely possible that the addon is causing an issues. I don't know if it was updated after the replacement prime was setup. I'll take a look next time I'm onsite and see what version is running and when the last time it was updated.

    No, I do not have remote access, I've thought about it, but I've decided against it.

    Thanks

    Daryl

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    121
    I just checked the scheduled recordings of "I am the Night" and it recorded just fine. No errors.

    I also checked NPVR Kodi Addon version, v2.4.13.1. I thought that there was record on when it was last updated, but I don't remember where I saw it before, so I don't know when it was last updated.

    Next scheduled recording is tonight. I'll check it tomorrow and see how it goes.

    Thank you

    Daryl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •