Thread: Tempo change.

Tempo change.

Kodi has a feature called tempo that allows playing videos at accelerated speed meaning that play is typically 1.1 to 1.5 times faster and it works pretty well. I am thinking of replacing FF and RW keys with the tempo change keys. Does anyone think that will cause a problem for their use?

Martin

I mosty use XNEWA for doing recording management via the NextPVR interface, not watching stuff, so for me it would certainly be fine. Given Kodi is really pushing skips and not FF and RW I suspect (but would be curious to see for sure) retasking those keys would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Kodi has a feature called tempo that allows playing videos at accelerated speed meaning that play is typically 1.1 to 1.5 times faster and it works pretty well. I am thinking of replacing FF and RW keys with the tempo change keys. Does anyone think that will cause a problem for their use?
    I really only use the skip forward and skip backward, so changing the FF and RW key actions wouldn't be a problem for me.

OK by me.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

OK by me as I only use Skip +60 & -30 seconds
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 8 - Storage 2 X 3TB - Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorld UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients:- 2 X RPi3, Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop all running X-NEWA on LibreElec plus Amazon Fire Stick (32bit) running X-NEWA on Kodi.

Great I should have something soon. Remember this is not for skipping it is for watching shows in less time.

Martin

Here is a sample with the tempo change working at 1.5 x (ie watch 60 minutes in 40minutes) still skips in seconds. https://youtu.be/hkuqiTU-5Ts It is not a chipmunky as one might assume once you get used to it. The ticker that goes across the video gives a good idea of the speedup as much as the voice.

Martin

Very impressive as it sounds very normal to me and had to check the clock to make sure it was speeded up!

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 8 - Storage 2 X 3TB - Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorld UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients:- 2 X RPi3, Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop all running X-NEWA on LibreElec plus Amazon Fire Stick (32bit) running X-NEWA on Kodi.