Thread: Channel scan of Ceton tuner seems to fail in most recent update to 4.2.3

Channel scan of Ceton tuner seems to fail in most recent update to 4.2.3

Everything was working just fine, but Comcast was making lineup changes, so I thought I'd clean things up a bit. So I deleted my old device scan and my channels. Then, I re-scanned the 6 tuners on the Ceton card. The first tuner (#6) took about 5-10 seconds. Then on to copying the configuration from #6 to #5 as usual. But, that took 90 seconds (copying was spozed to be faster). I continued, and each tuner took about 90 seconds to copy. Then, I got an EPG from Schedules Direct, and attempted to record/watch. Nuthin..... a look at the Ceton log indicates the problem is related to QAM channels.

So, I'm wondering... was there some change in that scan/copy code over the last couple of updates, that might have broken it? Or, did I screw it up somehow. I can't view or record anything now.
    Please help...
    NPVR 4.1.0 (180302), Win7 Ultimate, Ceton PCI, Comcast, Schedules Direct.

I'm not aware of anything that has changed that would affect the Ceton.

If you can post the logs I'll see if anything stands out.

Here ya go, Sub. Note that i previously cleaned out the logs folder. If you need more, let me know and I'll re-run a good one...
    Attached Files Attached Files

To be honest, I'm not seeing anything obviously wrong in the logs. There is only about 2 ceton users here, so I'm not often looking at these types of logs, and it's been years since I created this stuff, so it's not that clear in my memory.

If you try to record, do you get an empty file, or something in it?

Well, Sub, i get a totally empty folder. The folder doesn't contain any files. There isn't even a folder for the recording. I'm lost.

Well, I as going to sheepishly just let this query die. But, I then thought you'd be losing sleep over it. So, instead I'll give you the silly answer.

As I said, there was no activity in the box - nuthin' changed. And , that's true. But no one mentioned my wife innocently unplugging the antenna cable, and leaving it hanging loose, looking like it was plugged in all the way.

Man, this Ceton code is like butter - when you get a good connection.

Sheepishly, yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Stranger View Post
    Well, I as going to sheepishly just let this query die. But, I then thought you'd be losing sleep over it. So, instead I'll give you the silly answer.

As I said, there was no activity in the box - nuthin' changed. And , that's true. But no one mentioned my wife innocently unplugging the antenna cable, and leaving it hanging loose, looking like it was plugged in all the way.

Man, this Ceton code is like butter - when you get a good connection.

Sheepishly, yours.
    I am glad you figured this out. Given that I am possibly the only other Ceton user, I thought I was going to have to rename my database file & attempt a scan to see if I could reproduce your issue. Now, I don't have to do that.

Also, you mentioned something about QAM. I thought Comcast didn't support QAM anymore.
    Tuners: Ceton InfiniTV quad cable card tuner (PCIe). SD HDHR Connect Quatro Tuner (HDHR5-4US). Use only QAM on HDHR. HDPVR - for Fox owned channels.
    Viewing: Usually an NMT connected via MoCA. Sometimes directly on the server below. Sometimes when I travel I use an NMT served from my laptop with a portable hard-drive.
    EPG: XML from SchedulesDirect via MC2XML
    Provider: Verizon Fios
    Server: Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by ElihuRozen View Post
    Given that I am possibly the only other Ceton user,
    Good news ... there are at least three of you ... https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...524#post530524
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Great - glad you got it sorted!