Advert:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.4 available (7th March)

4.2.4 available (7th March)

You can download 4.2.4.190307 from https://nextpvr.com/NPVRSetup_4_2_4_190307.exe

This is a fairly minor release, rolling the patches posted for 4.2.3 into the main release, plus a couple of other minor fixes and improvements.

Please post any support issues in the support forum. Support questions posted in this thread will be deleted.

- fixed an issue with editing the channel mapping on channels using XMLTV over http
    - improved resilience to handling garbage in the stream. Previously would crash for some reception gitches.
    - added workaround for recent issues with one of the IPTV provider
    - fixed a security issue on the Search screen
    - updated kodi API to include previous playback info for in-progress recordings
    - improvements for detecting season/episode numbers in the description of DVB EPG listings.
    - fixed an issue where UK freeview/freesat could generate an invalid listing, which could later cause issues when viewing a recording made from that show
    - fixed issue with right clicking during playback on a client PC
    - fixed issue where sometimes viewing the details of a channels wouldn't select the existing schedules direct EPG mapping.
    - fixed issue with artwork language preference not being saved
    - fixed an issue with artwork when year was present in show titles (from DVB EPG etc).
    - fixed a couple issues to do with EPG-Based slipping over HTTP
    - fixed issue that could sometimes lead to live tv slip files being left behind after streaming to Kodi.
    Alongside this 4.2.4 release, work is continuing on the new multi-platform NextPVR v5.x release. Some user have started testing this over the last few weeks. I'm hoping to do a more widely available public beta in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    You can download 4.2.4.190307 from https://nextpvr.com/NPVRSetup_4_2_4_190307.exe

Alongside this 4.2.4 release, work is continuing on the new multi-platform NextPVR v5.x release. Some user have started testing this over the last few weeks. I'm hoping to do a more widely available public beta in the near future.
    Will we be able to install the v5.x beta alongside v4.x and test it without disturbing the existing v4.x configuration?
    Windows 7 Pro x64, NPVR 4.2.4, NLite, NEWA, Kodi, Intel Core i3 3.4 GHz, 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, nVidia GTX950 2GB GDDR5, HP Remote Control (Microsoft eHome), Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD USB Tuner, Winegard SS-3000 Indoor DTV/HDTV Antenna, Schedules Direct, Bitdefender Free

Quote Originally Posted by tinstaafl View Post
    Will we be able to install the v5.x beta alongside v4.x and test it without disturbing the existing v4.x configuration?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Yes
    Cool! Thanks.
    Windows 7 Pro x64, NPVR 4.2.4, NLite, NEWA, Kodi, Intel Core i3 3.4 GHz, 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, nVidia GTX950 2GB GDDR5, HP Remote Control (Microsoft eHome), Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD USB Tuner, Winegard SS-3000 Indoor DTV/HDTV Antenna, Schedules Direct, Bitdefender Free

Sub

Great job IPTV recordings are working great, I can now record more than one show at a time and all can play back without issues.

Thanks
    Daryl

Is it possible on the Main NPVR page you show either the latest NPVR Version to download or add a link to show the Version History.

Every time I need to go to NPVR Forums to find out if I have the latest version or not. I realize that NPVR will alert you of a new version but it will still be nice to know the latest version from the main NPVR Page.

If you subscribe to the announcement thread you will get an email

Martin

You can hover over the 'Download NextPVR' button on the http://www.nextpvr.com/download.html page, and link name it shows has the version number.

Thanks, At first I thought it wasn't working because I was expecting to see a small window open where the mouse pointer is hovering over the download link and showing the version. But I happened to look at the bottom left corner of the screen and saw the version to download.

If I subscribe will I get an email on everyone posting a comment on the various threads?

Or just when a new version is out?