Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NextPVR 4.2.4 1903017 unable to load on Kodi 17.6

NextPVR 4.2.4 1903017 unable to load on Kodi 17.6

10:14:10.400 T:2780 ERROR: ADDON: Dll NextPVR PVR Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
    10:14:25.950 T:2780 ERROR: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAddons - failed to create add-on NextPVR PVR Client, status = 1
    I usually don't immediately install new versions of anything, but did install the new NextPVR on my "test" machine yesterday. Today was my 1st chance to actually take a look at it.
    I of course could supply the full debug log, but I think this little piece tells the story. The NextPVR client for Kodi 2.4.13 does not load on my Kodi 17.6 running windows 10 and Amber skin. Also when I go to Addons, it says "Addon couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred."
    Is there a new PVR client for Kodi that is needed with this latest version of NextPvr?

Version 17.6 is frozen so no nothing can be done about issues with it. I do seem to recall this message but regardless never hesitate to upload your debug log.

Martin

Post the logs and we'll take a look.

There is nothing changed in 4.2.4 that'd stop your Kodi 17.6 addon from loading. It should still work the same as it did in the previous release of NextPVR.

I remember the bad status "1" message. That was a problem with the original UWP release of Kodi v18 that was automatically updated from the Windows Store. If you are sure you are still on v17.6 it is almost definitely firewall or the recording service not running (try a reboot).

Martin

This just happened to me as well, right in the middle of watching TV! Same error in the Kodi logs.

Running Kodi v17.6.

A rollback to 4.2.3 did not help unfortunately. Neither did removing the 'known devices' in the clients section of npvr settings.

Quote Originally Posted by gshcarter View Post
    This just happened to me as well, right in the middle of watching TV! Same error in the Kodi logs.

Running Kodi v17.6.

A rollback to 4.2.3 did not help unfortunately. Neither did removing the 'known devices' in the clients section of npvr settings.
    Post the logs and I'm sure we'll be able to tell you why. Ideally the NextPVR logs from your PC, and the kodi.log with debug logging enabled.

Just to be sure I did fire up 17.6 and it works as well as I'd expect. gshcarter's problem is very likely one of the many timeshifting bug's fixed in v18.

Martin

OK Now

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I remember the bad status "1" message. That was a problem with the original UWP release of Kodi v18 that was automatically updated from the Windows Store. If you are sure you are still on v17.6 it is almost definitely firewall or the recording service not running (try a reboot).

Martin
    Sorry I am just now replying. I have been away from home for a bit.
    It did turn out to be a firewall issue. I had previously restarted my computer and that did not help. Just now, I turned off the firewall, then started up Kodi 17.6 and it loaded in the channels from NextPVR just fine. I then proceeded to initiate a timer from within Kodi (so using the addon) and it also worked just fine.
    Interesting though, I exited Kodi, turned the firewall back on, restarted Kodi and things continued to work fine without me actually putting in a new rule or modifying a rule within my firewall. I am using Zone Alarms.
    So all is well. A bit strange. Anytime I have installed new versions of NextPvr or Kodi, for that matter, I have not had any firewall issues.
    Only reason I suspected the new version of NextPvr to be the problem was that was the only thing new I had installed. Then saw that message in the logs.
    Thanks as always. One thing I have learned over time using NextPvr, it has been one of the most stable programs I have on my computer and when I seek help, you guys respond quickly and always have a solutions.
    I appreciate it!

Great - glad you got it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Post the logs and I'm sure we'll be able to tell you why. Ideally the NextPVR logs from your PC, and the kodi.log with debug logging enabled.
    Logs attached as requested.

2 things of interest - there have been no further web.log entries since the malfunction. Also, when I try to access the web browser (http://127.0.0.1:8866) it times out.

Firewall is turned off so not sure what's going on there.

Many thanks for looking into this.
    Attached Files Attached Files