Thread: NPVR 4.2.4 Video Library No Longer Shows folder.jpg

NPVR 4.2.4 Video Library No Longer Shows folder.jpg

Upgraded to NPVR 4.2.4. Now in Video Library there is no folder art only a white folder - the fanart still shows as the background image.
    I use Media Companion to generate all the art for each show in box sets - Show poster in the Upper Folder, Season Poster in the Season Folder etc. all stored as folder.jpg - Worked well until today.

If you need logs I'll have to wait a few hours to get them.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Clean set of logs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you post a screenshot so I can see what you're seeing (and what view etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    It will be 9 or 10 hours - just got to work

In the mean time - it is the Videos Screen where there is a row of folders at the bottom, before they all had pictures (folder.jpg from the folder) now they are blank white rounded corner squares.

Here we are

Name:  Screenshot.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  61.2 KB

Also when there is no folder.jpg but a poster in the Media/Shows folder it shows just the white square, but if there is no artwork it shows the generic folder overlay on the white square.

Additionally, I have just noticed that in the parent folder it is no longer showing the fanart.jpg that is in the folder (same as above) but one from the Media/Shows folder that NPVR has downloaded when going through the epg.

Name:  Screenshot 2.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  66.1 KB

I was able to reproduce it. I'm check the cause now.

Give this patch a go.

The names of the files in the thumbnail cache have changed slightly, so it'll taken a smidgen longer the first time you view these thumbnails, since it'll be having to load the full sized image and rebuilding the cache..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Give this patch a go.
    That fixed the folder.jpg not showing problem - Thanks Sub

In Videos. Would it be possible to give fanart.jpg in a folder preference over [Show Name].fanart.jpg in the Media/Shows folder? That would stop a deliberately chosen background being replaced by whatever NPVR (TheTVDB) thinks is the best. (As has happened above)

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    That fixed the folder.jpg not showing problem - Thanks Sub

In Videos. Would it be possible to give fanart.jpg in a folder preference over [Show Name].fanart.jpg in the Media/Shows folder? That would stop a deliberately chosen background being replaced by whatever NPVR (TheTVDB) thinks is the best. (As has happened above)
    Thanks from me too sub, noticed that and I second Lao Pan's request, ta.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Fixed the issue for me too, thanks Sub!