Thread: Mismatched Audio Language

Mismatched Audio Language

Hello Sub,

First, thanks for producing such a superb program.

However, I would like to bring to your attention an issue with using the <LanguagePreference#> options.

If set to 'eng' for example, it chooses 'eng, Visually Impaired' over 'eng' by default if they both exist.

The issue can be worked around by using ALT-G and choosing the correct one, but it is slightly annoying having to do this. It has existed since at least 3.6.6 as that was the version I was still using. I upgraded to 4.2.3 to find out if the issue had been fixed, but it made no difference.

Philip.

I'm away from home this week. If you bump the thread mid next week, I'll get you to supply a sample recording and I'll check it out.

More information

Here is a 15MB recording that will use eng if the preferred language is set to default but not if the prefered language is set to eng.

I found this issue because of a channel that default chose the wrong audio, so I tried setting the preferred language to eng which worked on that channel but caused many other channels to use the wrong audio.

Although I do not know how you actually implemented the logic, to me it seems that you are not checking for and using an exact match if it exists, instead you are matching the start of the name and using the first match.

I'm still away a few more days.

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    Although I do not know how you actually implemented the logic, to me it seems that you are not checking for and using an exact match if it exists, instead you are matching the start of the name and using the first match.
    The language for all these streams are likely to be 'eng'. It'll be something like that channel has put the visually impaired audio channel before the primary audio. Usually it'd be the other way around.

I tried the sample here and the correct audio track for me plays with "eng" set with both LAV and MS decoders. Seems to make sense to provide a sample of a recording showing the problem.

NextPVR does indicate visually impaired on the second track, not sure if that forms part of the logic on which track to play.

Martin

I retested my supplied sample and found that it does not work correctly if using the legacy TS reader option, but does work if that option is off.

The legacy TS option needs to be enabled on my setup, otherwise when trying to start playback or skipping when one is already playing will often cause the frontend to completely lock up, requiring the use of task manager to kill it.