Thread: Add-on couldnt be loaded. An unknown error has occured

Add-on couldnt be loaded. An unknown error has occured

Hi All.
    I have previously used NextPVR by directly connecting the PC to the TV. However, i now have a Sony Andriod TV. So figured Id load up Kodi and trial the PVR addon. However, I have loaded the addon only to be greated with "Add-on couldnt be loaded. An unknown error has occured". Is there something I am missing? is this supported on Andriod TV?

Kodi = 18.1

Thanks

Yes you are missing sending your Kodi debug logs and NextPVR logs. Often it is as simple as not entering the correct IP address for the NextPVE server or ensuring that the firewall is working.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Yes you are missing sending your Kodi debug logs and NextPVR logs. Often it is as simple as not entering the correct IP address for the NextPVE server or ensuring that the firewall is working.

Martin
    Thanks. I guess in wasn't quite clear enough. This error is generated the moment I installed the add-on. Before any chance to configure. And also pops up in the middle of the screen the instant I start kodi, every time.

I have not configured the add-on yet. But if your are correct, this is a very brutal error for not having configured it.

I'll see what I can do about logs on android.
    Thx

To me it seems pretty silly to install something and then not configure it. You could also disable the addon and re-enable it later to avoid the message.

Note that I have just finished off some code that should do away with the initial configuration step.

Martin

I was looking at some other add-ons and just installed it in passing whilst I was there. I finally got around to re-enabling and configuring. it does work and no longer generates an error, which is nice. Thanks. But as a suggestion, please ensure it will load with the default settings without throwing such a hard error.