Thread: NPVR 4.2.4 Playback: Video way ahead of audio after few minutes

NPVR 4.2.4 Playback: Video way ahead of audio after few minutes

Just upgraded to 4.2.4 and discovered the above mentioned. MPEG1 audio and LAV decoder, renderer(s) set to default. Are there any obvious pitfalls I'm not aware of?

Edit: Funny, after reviewing settings and saving them things seems to work ok again... ??
    Last edited by Reddwarf; 2019-03-09 at 06:56 PM.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Turns out the problem is still there, but not consistently. I'm seeing often that picture/sound gets out of sync, especially if the computer is busy running comskip while I do playback. Even subtitles gets badly out of sync.

Is anyone else seeing this with version 4.2.4? It never happen in 4.2.3....

I'm not seeing this with 4.2.4. Do you have hardware acceleration enabled in LAV Video Configuration? How about "Auto A/V Sync correction" in LAV Audio Configuration? I have both enabled. Program "starts", and right after Comskip jumps, my video is a couple of seconds ahead of the video for 2-5 seconds, then the video slows to a crawl until the audio is synced up. No problem again until the next skip or we start new program.
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, Nvidia GT710, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 4.2.4
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryH3 View Post
    I'm not seeing this with 4.2.4. Do you have hardware acceleration enabled in LAV Video Configuration? How about "Auto A/V Sync correction" in LAV Audio Configuration? I have both enabled. Program "starts", and right after Comskip jumps, my video is a couple of seconds ahead of the video for 2-5 seconds, then the video slows to a crawl until the audio is synced up. No problem again until the next skip or we start new program.
    Yep, both HW acceleration and Auto A/V Sync is ticked. I was seeing the behaviour you described in the previous version of NPVR. I have changed the settings for HW acceleration to DXVA Native, lets see if that helps.

It seems that the problem occur only on some channels, changing decoder from LAV/LAV to Cyberlink/AC3Filter solves the problem. But it is kind of strange that the problem never occur in 4.2.3

Turned out that I have to tick "use legacy NPVR TS reader" in order to get audio and video in sync on all channels. Sub, are you interested in a sample video that does not play well with the new reader?
    Edit: Only applies to 4.2.4, 4.2.3 never had this issue.....

Yeah, I'll take a look at a sample video file.