Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Improve reliability of STB channel changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I'm not sure what you are doing with batch file names ... You give examples of files called bat1.bat and bat2.bat but the batch file "start"ed by bat1.bat is called GXPC4312H_UUTX.bat
    true but that notation was simply for expedience in this explanation; I have the names correctly configured on my NPVR server.

Will try your other suggestions too

Cheers Graham,

k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Since -f means filename and you don't change directories in your batch file you would need to add the path before the filename when you call this

-fGXPC4312H.ir

Martin
    Code:
    C:\Users\Public\NPVR\ChanChg\uutx.exe -r3 -s50 -fC:\Users\Public\NPVR\ChanChg\GXPC4312H.ir %ChDigit1%
    Assuming the ir def file is the chanChg dir something like this?
    Or in quotes ?
    Code:
    C:\Users\Public\NPVR\ChanChg\uutx.exe -r3 -s50 -fC:\Users\Public\NPVR\ChanChg\GXPC4312H.ir %ChDigit1%
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    Code:
    Assuming the ir def file is the chanChg dir something like this?
    Or in quotes ?
    Code:
    It might be simpler to put ... CD C:\Users\Public\NPVR\ChanChg\ ... at the top of any and all batch files (immediately after the ECHO).
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    No.

When you setup a blaster in NextPVR you can specify the executable to run and any command line parameters to pass to the executable. You can make that command line anything you need to. Before running the executable though, NextPVR replace {channel} in the parameters with the channel number, and it'll replace {channel_d1}, {channel_d2}... {channel_d4} with a digit. The executable never actually sees these {token} type parameters, they are replaced by numbers prior to the executable being run.
    Thank you all and I have amended the batch files to take these into account.

Hi sub,

While I feel it is close, it seems to be struggling with the input, associated with my earlier query about {channel_d1}{channel_d2} etc above. In the command window I can make the channel change work with GXPC4312H_StarterUUTX.bat calling (starting) GXPC4312H_UUTX.bat as along as I put spaces between the numbers i.e.

GXPC4312H_StarterUUTX.bat 3 2 5.

If I do not put spaces i.e. just GXPC4312H_StarterUUTX.bat 325 then nothing happens (in the command window), same behaviour as in NextPVR.

I understand {channel} would pass the executable the number (Ch.) 325. However I thought that {channel_d1}{channel_d2}{channel_d2} would pass the executable 3 discrete numbers? If my bat wants 3 parameters, %1, %2, %3 these have to be separated as arguments. In my situation {channel_d1}{channel_d2}{channel_d3} do not seem to have been passed to the batch file as separate arguments whereby {channel_d1}=>%1, {channel_d2}=>%2,{channel_d3}=>%3. Is my understanding that these are separate arguments correct?

If so, how would I make them 3 discrete numbers, rather than the single number 325?

Apologies for pestering you again sub, but I have read a truckload about arguments being passed to batch files, here I just need to understand what NextPVR is doing as the parameter-passing behaviour is not as I understood.

Cheers

k.

I understand {channel} would pass the executable the number (Ch.) 325. However I thought that {channel_d1}{channel_d2}{channel_d2} would pass the executable 3 discrete numbers?
    Yes, but you'd need space between them.

if you set the args to:
    {channel_d1} {channel_d2} {channel_d2}

then you'll get:
    3 2 5

If you use no spaces
    {channel_d1}{channel_d2}{channel_d2}

then you'll still get the separate digits, but with no spaces between them:

Success!

Oh my goodness. Thank you sub, champion. (I had to use d2 d3 d4 without d1 but that's all good).

btw thanks for that Import Channels function to import from XML as I can do a Search Replace in the XML to test the Channel Changer arguments :-).

k.

Success!
    We have been left hanging

Please show us the finished batch file(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    We have been left hanging

Please show us the finished batch file(s).
    GXPC4312H_StarterUUTX.bat
    Code:
    REM
    CD C:\Users\Public\NPVR\ChanChg\
    REM
    start "" /REALTIME /B GXPC4312H_UUTX_Priority.bat %1 %2 %3
    REM EXIT
    REM
    GXPC4312H_UUTX_Priority.bat
    Code:
    @echo on
    REM
    CD C:\Users\Public\NPVR\ChanChg\
    REM
    uutx.exe -r2 -s10 -fGXPC4312H.ir %1
    uutx.exe -r2 -s10 -fGXPC4312H.ir %2
    uutx.exe -r2 -s10 -fGXPC4312H.ir %3
    @echo off
    REM EXIT
    REM
    But the success was all down to that setting in the ChannelChanger

Exec: C:\Users\Public\NPVR\ChanChg\GXPC4312H_StarterUUTX .bat
    Arguments: {channel_d2} {channel_d3} {channel_d4}

Note:

1. The SPACE between {channel_d2} {channel_d3} {channel_d4} - it did NOT work with NO Space.
    2. The use of d2 d3 and d4 for a 3 channel number set

k :-)

From the looks of things you should skip GXPC4312H_StarterUUTX.bat altogether, it does nothing except cause problems. Using the start command to run another batch file makes no sense for tuning. The first batch file will complete and report back to NRecord that it is finished when it may not have. Running with realtime priority should be avoided too but you probably did this to reduce the chance of the "start" problem.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    From the looks of things you should skip GXPC4312H_StarterUUTX.bat altogether, it does nothing except cause problems.
    Agreed ... uutx.exe is doing something so trivial that it is not likely that it will benefit from the "realtime" (or any other) boost that comes from the START command.