Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPG problem and Artwork in recent recordings problem

EPG problem and Artwork in recent recordings problem

Hi all,

I’m new to NextPVR and have been enjoying using it. However I’m currently having a couple of minor hiccups/problems with my setup, and was wondering if anyone could help please?

I’m in the UK and currently have: A PCI-E dual tuner card using freesat (DVB-S) and just recently added a Hauppauge dual USB tuner using freeview (DVB-T).

Problem with EPG listings

At present I’m missing EPG listings for the following channels:

ITV4+1
    ITVBE+1
    5Star+1
    5Spike+1
    Sony Movies+1
    True Crime+1
    Paramount

Previous to this I was missing a lot more of the EPG listings for my channels, but found an old post on the NextPVR forums mentioning changing the “SID:” number in channel details. After looking online for the SID numbers, this fixed a lot the missing EPG info for many channels but unfortunately not the ones listed above.

Problem with artwork and recent recordings

Lastly just yesterday Kodi has stopped displaying any artwork/metadata in recent recordings (have attached screenshot below). I installed & updated to NextPVR release 4.2.4.190307 yesterday afternoon and I can only assume I’ve made a mistake in the settings somewhere. Film/TV Series Artwork still appears in the “EPG listings” and also “timers” but is missing in recent recordings.

For some reason all previous artwork which was displayed in recent recordings has also been deleted. (I appreciate that in some cases artwork isn’t always found for some Film & TV programs, however have tried recording Time Team today which normally has artwork and recent recordings is still blank for this programme unfortunately.)

I have “show metadata screens in recordings” ticked in the NextPVR Settings, along with "Download TV Guide Artwork" selected on the NextPVR Kodi Addon.

If any further information is required please let me know and will be more than happy to provide it.

Many thanks in advance for any help/assistance anyone can offer me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Christen; 2019-03-10 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    I’m in the UK and currently have: A PCI-E dual tuner card using freesat (DVB-S) and just recently added a Hauppauge dual USB tuner using freeview (DVB-T).

Problem with EPG listings
    Please reboot to reset all of the logs. Then go to NextPVR Settings --> Channels and click the Update EPG button.

When the EPG update is ended ... go to NextPVR Settings --> About and click the button to zip the logs. Attach the logs to a post.

It might be that you are getting EPG data from DVB-T and it does not include data from some channels that are DVB-S only.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

I have DVB-T and DVB-S tuners to pick up both Freeview and Freesat signals so most channels have 4 sources. I generate both a Freeview and a Freesat xml epg file so for any channel in the EPG I can specify if the Freeview or Freesat data is used. Without using the XML file I dont know how NextPVR would decide which EPG source it would use.
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 8 - Storage 2 X 3TB - Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorld UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients:- 2 X RPi3, Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop all running X-NEWA on LibreElec plus Amazon Fire Stick (32bit) running X-NEWA on Kodi.

Hi all,

Many thanks for your help so far. Please find logs as requested.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    Problem with artwork and recent recordings
    Lastly just yesterday Kodi has stopped displaying any artwork/metadata in recent recordings (have attached screenshot below). I installed & updated to NextPVR release 4.2.4.190307 yesterday afternoon and I can only assume I’ve made a mistake in the settings somewhere. Film/TV Series Artwork still appears in the “EPG listings” and also “timers” but is missing in recent recordings.

For some reason all previous artwork which was displayed in recent recordings has also been deleted. (I appreciate that in some cases artwork isn’t always found for some Film & TV programs, however have tried recording Time Team today which normally has artwork and recent recordings is still blank for this programme unfortunately.)

I have “show metadata screens in recordings” ticked in the NextPVR Settings, along with "Download TV Guide Artwork" selected on the NextPVR Kodi Addon.
    I wonder if this is related to the problem I had with the Video Library in NPVR not showing artwork in the new version.

Sub has put a patch in this post. https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...314#post531314

Can't hurt to give it a try.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    I wonder if this is related to the problem I had with the Video Library in NPVR not showing artwork in the new version.

Sub has put a patch in this post. https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...314#post531314

Can't hurt to give it a try.
    Hi there,

Many thanks for your help, I did try the patch this afternoon, but unfortunately artwork is still missing from recent recordings.

Do you see artwork for these shows in NextPVR's own UI?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Do you see artwork for these shows in NextPVR's own UI?
    Hi Sub,

Unfortunately there is no artwork in NextPVR's UI recordings section either. However there is artwork in NextPVR's UI EPG listings.

Hmm, looks like it successfully downloaded artwork for My Cat From Hell. Does this particular show have no artwork in NextPVR?
    2019-03-10 11:59:03.294 [DEBUG][9] Started recording (1541:1: D:\NextPVR Recordings\My Cat From Hell\My Cat From Hell_20190310_12001300.ts)
    2019-03-10 11:59:03.317 [DEBUG][9] No C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\ParallelProcessing.ba t
    2019-03-10 11:59:03.333 [DEBUG][30] cached catalog does not exist
    2019-03-10 11:59:03.974 [DEBUG][4] Done fanart.tv lookup
    2019-03-10 11:59:04.529 [DEBUG][17] got season info
    2019-03-10 11:59:04.708 [DEBUG][4] Got fanart
    2019-03-10 11:59:04.711 [DEBUG][16] Got poster
    2019-03-10 11:59:04.728 [DEBUG][30] Downloading metadata and artwork took + 1394.3943ms

If you wanted to zip up your npvr.db3 file, and the c:\users\public\NPVR\media\shows directory, and put the file somewhere like onedrive or dropbox, and let me know the download link, I'll check why it's not showing.