Thread: EPG not auto updating

EPG not auto updating

I have an interesting problem.
    Recent clean install of win10 and Npvr (among other bits of program).
    TV Guide.xml is made by EPG Collector.
    Problem is EPG updates ok in Npvr manually, but does not automatically update at set time (in Misc 2) In fact it does not update at all. I have to manually update EPG each day.
    Recording service updates ok with new programs.
    I have tried reboot, stop and start recording service and restarting Npvr to no avail.
    what have I done wrong?
    I can send logs if needed.

Zip and attach the logs and we'll take a kook at what happened last night.

Every time I've looked at these in the past, it has actually done the overnight EPG, but there is often user-error, like they haven't updated their .xml file, so it's just reloaded the same listings. Sometimes this happens because the user has tried to create a UpdateEPG.bat file, and they've got some mistakes in there (like assumptions about current directory, which is different when run from the recording service).

This is not the case. There is no bat file. XML updates at 3 am. Npvr supposed to update 5 am. XML has todays date but needs Npvr to be updated manually.

There are a host of logs. Which one is relevant to this discussion? or do I package the whole log folder?

Getting started instructions here, explains how to gather the logs...
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Easier then using the sticky, just go the main setting screen in NextPVR and select "Zip my logs..."

Martin

OK After looking through the logs I found the entry in recording log. It appears that EPG updated successfully. For the first time I did not manually update EPG Yesterday. It appears that I only get 6 days now when it used to be 7 days. Today another day has been added. EPG goes to next wednesday. I think this is the explanation. I will check again tomorrow.
    Thanks for your help so far.

This morning I had 6 days EPG. I stopped Npvr (but not the recording service) to check logs. Log shows successful update at the appropriate time. Restarted Npvr and now have up to date 7 days EPG.
    I will check again tomorrow and let you know.