Thread: UK EPG stopped working

UK EPG stopped working

Since yesterday my EPG is showing "no details" on all channels.

I have tried to delete all channels and start again in the hope this would resolve it but no luck.

As I am UK based I have struggled with both XMLTV and Schedules Direct as have tried both of them as alternative solutions

My logs are attached:
    Attached Files Attached Files

The ndigitalhost20 log has ...

2019-03-13 02:26:41.540 [DEBUG][17] locked=1, present=1, strength=71, quality=5 (took 0ms to check)
    The strength and quality values seem a tad low ... but I don't use satellite and can't say if these values are normal ... and it might be that the tuner is reporting unreliable values to NextPVR.

Are all cable connections to the tuner good? I dunno if splitters can be used with satellite feeds but if they are ... do you get a better result in a test without splitters?
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    The ndigitalhost20 log has ...

The strength and quality values seem a tad low ... but I don't use satellite and can't say if these values are normal ... and it might be that the tuner is reporting unreliable values to NextPVR.

Are all cable connections to the tuner good? I dunno if splitters can be used with satellite feeds but if they are ... do you get a better result in a test without splitters?

We have good signal strength when watching Live TV and Recordings.
    Nothing has changed with the cabling. No splitters are in use as we have an Octo LNB on our dish

The nrecord.log has ...

2019-03-13 02:21:15.668 [DEBUG][10] Scanning Freq:10847/V/23000 SID:100000

2019-03-13 02:22:15.661 [DEBUG][10] - saving 2 listings for channel: BBC TWO HD
    2019-03-13 02:22:15.661 [DEBUG][10] - saving 2 listings for channel: BBC One HD
    2019-03-13 02:22:15.661 [DEBUG][10] - saving 2 listings for channel: CBBC HD
    and other similar values for other muxes/frequencies.

I dunno why it's only finding two shows for each channel ... I expect that a UK satellite user will be along soon with all of the answers.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

I have now removed NextPVR and all of its related folders and set it back up as a fresh install.

I am seeing the same again with only 2 listings downloading for each show.

Is there a timeout on the search or anything like that? I believe it checks each one for 60 seconds...?

I think there is something called "EPGScanSeconds" in the config.xml. You could try that, but if it needs more time it may indeed be a weak signal.
    WinXP SP3 A8V-X Athlon 64 FX-60 2.60GHz 2GB
    NextPVR 3.4.8

Have you set the epg source as freesat in setup. I am thinking the 2 listings for each channel are now and next.
    Hopefully someone with UK satellite knowledge will be around soon.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

My thought also was he was picking up Now & Next epg which is broadcast with the data on the transponder . However the Freesat EPG is broadcast in a simple encrypted/compressed format on the Freesat home transponder which I presume NextPVR can decode in Freesat mode as can other software like EPG Collector which I use.
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 8 - Storage 2 X 3TB - Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorld UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients:- 2 X RPi3, Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop all running X-NEWA on LibreElec plus Amazon Fire Stick (32bit) running X-NEWA on Kodi.

I'm using Freesat EPG and it's working fine. Like above, and given the re-install, I would ask if the channels have been set to Freesat EPG in the channel config.
    If the signal levels are being reported accurately, they look low and are way lower than my tuner reported values. Given the bad windy weather we've had, has the dish moved?
    NPVR Version= 4.2.4_190307
    Intel i7 Quad Core 3200 + 16GB DDR2 Gigabyte Motherboard
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    BlackGold dual DVB T & S tuner
    60Gb SSD System Disk (Raid 1)
    60Gb SSD Recording Cache
    4Tb Media Store (WD Red 4Tb x 2 in Raid 1)

Raspberry Pi2 running OSMC (Kodi v17.6) x 2
    Raspberry Pi3 B+ running OSMC (Kodi v17.6)

Changing to Freesat EPG has worked fine for everything except for BBC Two... Cheers for the pointer