Thread: Reinstalling windows 10 and Nextpvr

Reinstalling windows 10 and Nextpvr

Due to circumstances beyond my control I need to reinstall Windows 10. What files do I need to save from NPVR if I want to preserve my recording settings and channels settings and reinstall them later? Advice appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by eastavin View Post
    Due to circumstances beyond my control I need to reinstall Windows 10. What files do I need to save from NPVR if I want to preserve my recording settings and channels settings and reinstall them later? Advice appreciated.
    NextPVR stores all settings in the the database, npvr.db3 and also in the config.xml file ... both are stored in the NextPVR data folder ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....InstalledParts

You can get away with saving only the npvr.db3 and the config.xml files ... but ... the data folder also contains sub-folders that contain, for example any plugins that you are using, posters and art that has been downloaded , channel logos and so on.

The way that I have done this is to save the data folder ... install NextPVR ... copy the saved data folder on to the new data folder and you should be good to go. Keep copies of the npvr.db3 ... lots of copies !

Warning ... be aware of these settings in config.xml ... AutoRemoveMissingRecordings ... NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Thank you Graham.

Edward