Thread: Nas app based version of NextPVR

Nas app based version of NextPVR

With the advent of 5.0 looming, i was wondering if there has been any consideration into installing NextPVR on a NAS device?

QNAP already has a DVR solution which is quite limited. I like the performance and function of NPVR better and it makes more sense to have the drives local on the DVR instead of across a network. Qnap also has a PLEX app which works well for movies, but their interface is not suitable to me to store TV recorded programming. It might also make the platform easier to control if you know the hardware it will be working on. I'd even consider Synology if I knew a solution existed.

thanks, Jake
    Server - Windows 64 Home Premium, Intel E8400 3.0ghz, 2gb memory, NVidia 7600GT

**I've donated, have you?**

I haven't explicitly tried a NAS at this stage, but I have been testing it in a Docker container, which would be suitable for installing in NAS devices that support Docker.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I haven't explicitly tried a NAS at this stage, but I have been testing it in a Docker container, which would be suitable for installing in NAS devices that support Docker.

Ooooih my new favourite toy is docker.

I haven't heard of Docker before. So I did a little research and QNAP does support it. I wonder if that is what PLEX and SiliconDust use to create their apps? Thanks sub for all your continued development.
    Server - Windows 64 Home Premium, Intel E8400 3.0ghz, 2gb memory, NVidia 7600GT

**I've donated, have you?**