Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leia 18.1 on client buffers incessantl

Leia 18.1 on client buffers incessantl

I opened a thread on the Kodi forums at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...711#pid2834711 and posted the Kodi logs there but was asked to post the NPVR ones here. So that's what I'm doing. Gist of the issue is that watching live TV on a Win 10 Pro/Leia client results in buffering problems within seconds of starting to watch and regardless of channel. If I record the broadcast, the recording works fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry you are going to have to duplicate the problem, those logs don't capture Kodi activity.

I do see you are running 4.2.3 though. I'd recommend updating to 4.2.4 since you use DVB for your EPG

Martin

Ok, thanks. I have upgraded to 4.2.4 and rebooted the server. I also re-enabled logging on the Kodi client and restarted that. Then went to a live TV broadcast and within seconds it was stuttering badly again.

New NPVR logs attached. The new Kodi logs are at https://paste.kodi.tv/qobacixaqe

I will need sub's help on this.

Martin

No probs.

Do you mind duplicating this again without restarting the recording service just before the test? The logs makes no sense since the show Kodi going right into playing the stream.

It would help to include a test of you playing the same station in NextPVR too. It can be in the same log.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2019-03-17 at 01:06 PM.

The last set of logs shown above were done without any recording taking place. Do you mean stop the NPVR recording service by, eg, using the icon in the Windows system tray?

Edit: just turned off the NPVR service using the Windows Start menu but then, of course, the Kodi NPVR addon does not load.
    Last edited by sitush; 2019-03-17 at 03:42 PM.

OK, I ensured that there was no current recording and enabled logging etc then switched to a BBC channel on both the Kodi client PC and the NPVR server. Kodi logs are at https://paste.kodi.tv/asugohozev and the NPVR logs are attached.

NPVR played the channel faultlessly even after Kodi began to stutter. I do hope that I am not wasting your time here and making some very basic mistake.

Ok your logs are very hard to explain which is why I was hoping for sub's help. It looks like the web server keeps restarting. I see that in the new logs too.

Do you see anything in the Windows Event Viewer?

Martin

On the server or the client? Or both?