Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: epg auto update failed

You'll probably need to post your logs.

Usually it wouldn't use ffmpeg for anything, but sometimes IPTV providers do some strange stuff, causing NextPVR to be unable to access the stream directly, and it falls back to trying to use ffmpeg. You'll probably need to post your logs so I can take a look.

To be honest I'm more interested in the whole having to restart recording service when opening kodi. I assume the ffmpeg thing has to do with some weird channel that service provides that I've never come across that needs it. Never had a channel I watch that needs it and it runs fine without it. If it helps your iptv section to troubleshoot this then I'm happy to reproduce the issue and grab the logs. Do you need a kodi debug log too?

Quote Originally Posted by 1deep View Post
    To be honest I'm more interested in the whole having to restart recording service when opening kodi.
    You shouldn't have to do that. What actually happens that makes you restart the recording service?

Definitely check if you have ffmpeg start whenever you view/record a channel. When it has to do this, things are generally shitty for that user, and getting that resolved just makes everything go smoother. Just need the NextPVR logs to look into that. (the app does it's best to obscure any IPTV username/password, but you can always just PM me a download location if you'd prefer to not publicly post the logs)

PM sent. I have no idea I just know that every time I open kodi regardless of ffmpeg being in there or not I have to hit restart recording service. After that everything works fine as far as channel changing/recording etc. It even does this on an android box I have in the house too and this behavior is consistent across 2 different systems with the only common denominator being the iptv service I use. Once I kill ffmpeg it never starts again and even runs fine with no ffmpeg in the "other" folder.

Try updating your existing c:\program files (x86)\npvr\nshared.dll file, with the new one attached. It should fix the ffmpeg issue, and will hopefully also fix your kodi issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No change in either aspect. Tried it both with ffmpeg and without same behavior. Logs?

Yeah, more logs please with that patch.

new logs sent

I think sending logs via PM directly to sub set's a dangerous precedent. It is certainly not the kind of community I want to be a member of.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I think sending logs via PM directly to sub set's a dangerous precedent. It is certainly not the kind of community I want to be a member of.

Martin
    The only reason I asked him to do this is because the earlier logs he posted ended up with his IPTV username/password clearly visible (because of the type of error he was getting). Usually that doesn't happen and it's safe to post the logs.

I've made a change to the app to stop his username/password being shown in this way. I've just double checked his logs, and with that updated nshared.dll above, his username/password is no longer visible, so he can feel safe to post the logs the normal way in future.