Thread: Ideas for Android app features

Ideas for Android app features

Here are some feature requests that I would love to see in the Android app

1- All options when recording a season (only new, all, how many episodes to keep, etc.)
    2- Have a option in the settings, if selecting a live channel to tune directly to the show (in the guide) instead if have the option come up. Also if long pressed on live channel bring up the options (watch, record, record series). But keep it how it is now if you select a show that is airing in the future.
    3- When watching live TV if I press up on the remote change the channel up and if I press down change the channel down (or inverse, ie. if I push up, change channel down)
    4- When watching a recorded show if I press left or right on the remote start skipping forwards or backwards, if I press up or down skip ahead or back 30 seconds ( or have a setting to set the skip amount)
    5- On the guide have an area at the top or bottom that shows the info of the highlighted show
    6- When leaving a live show to go into the guide (or channels and recordings) have a small windowed veiw of the channel still playing
    7- Have an option of what screen the program opens into, and to start playing the last channel automatically
    8- The ability to edit shows recording options after they are set

In my opinion, if all this was in the Android app it would be the best TV app available. I really appreciate all the hard work that has been put into nextpvr so far and I hope the great work continues.
    If I had any Android programming abilities I would offer you some help, unfortunately I really don't have any.

Thanks for any future updates you feel like releasing. If you need another beta tester I would love to help out.

9- Video setting to stretch videos that are smaller than my screen

Lots of good suggestions in there.

I'm pretty bogged down working on NextPVR v5 at the moment, but after that I'm intending to do more work on the Android and iOS apps.

I did a few mock-ups of my ideas, I hope its ok to post them.

Maybe something like this when changing channels (up/down on remote)

Name:  Show info.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  204.6 KB

And this for when you hit the select button when watching a channel

Name:  InShowOptions.jpg
Size:  137.1 KB

And this for recording options when you are on a channel and want to record that program

Name:  InShowRecord.jpg
Size:  130.6 KB

All this would obviously be for the Android TV app

Here is one for the guide with live TV playing in the lower left corner

Name:  GuideLiveTv.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  152.6 KB

Hi, New to the Android app, i run the whole system for my mum as we have an issue getting TV signal in the living room so i set up the whole NPVR system a few years back and have been loving the journey!
    My thoughts on the ATV app would be as above largley, bringing the guide record functionality back up level with the old windows client, Record, Series Rec etc...
    Also the Recording section being brought back level too where it shows you the recent recordings, maybe even Un watched recordings etc..
    Looking forward to NPVR 5.0 though! wonder whats coming there!

Quote Originally Posted by Tompeel View Post
    Hi, New to the Android app, i run the whole system for my mum as we have an issue getting TV signal in the living room so i set up the whole NPVR system a few years back and have been loving the journey!
    My thoughts on the ATV app would be as above largley, bringing the guide record functionality back up level with the old windows client, Record, Series Rec etc...
    Also the Recording section being brought back level too where it shows you the recent recordings, maybe even Un watched recordings etc..
    Looking forward to NPVR 5.0 though! wonder whats coming there!
    After NextPVR v5 is out and settled down, the Android and Apple apps are next on my list for improvements.

Copy that, I have read that all over the place im sure your sick of saying it I was just throwing my thoughts out for the future