Thread: Unable to Connect

Unable to Connect

Unable to connect to server, either remote or local. Both remote and local work fine with Kodi, from same Android device. Already tried rebooting both devices. NextPVR version 4.2.4.

Logs attached. Attempting to connect at 12:10am.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can see the login attempt arriving at the server, but the login failed. I'm pretty sure this will be an incorrect pin.

Ignoring remote access for now, did you manually add the server, or was it automatically discovered?

For remote access, you'll also need to tick the 'allow remote access' checkbox on the Settings->Clients screen.

I believe I've eliminated the possibility of an incorrect pin... must be a dozen times I've entered it, double and triple checked it against what I'm using in Kodi, and anyway it's just a four-digit number all four digits are the same... how hard could it be?

I manually added the server; it wasn't apparent that it auto-detected anything. I can ping that address and port from the phone and get a response.

I'm not with the server right now, but (presuming you are talking about a setting on the server side) I would guess that "allow remote access" is checked since I can access it via Kodi.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFritz View Post
    I believe I've eliminated the possibility of an incorrect pin... must be a dozen times I've entered it, double and triple checked it against what I'm using in Kodi, and anyway it's just a four-digit number all four digits are the same... how hard could it be?
    If you can PM me the pin number, I'll do the math on the attempted login from your logs to see if it works out.

I just decrypted the diagnostic login messages in your logs. The server logs seem to match the hash of the pin you supplied via PM, but the pin from the client does match it. So definitely looks like it is some how pin related.

If you try to remove the app (so it removes any stored data), and reinstall it, and try re-adding the server, does it go any differently?

Alternatively, if you can PM the remote IP address of the server, I can try connecting to your server.

Removing and reinstalling the app fixed it, yay!

If it helps... the first time I started the app, it wasn't obvious to me what it was asking for, so I put the port number in place of the PIN. After that I tried the PIN, and that didn't work either. Then I googled around and found that it was the PIN number expected, so that is what I did after that, but it still didn't work. I'm guessing that it didn't 'take', and if you hash the default port number, you will find that was the number sent by the app. I was definitely putting in the pin number after the first time.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFritz View Post
    Removing and reinstalling the app fixed it, yay!
    Great!

If it helps... the first time I started the app, it wasn't obvious to me what it was asking for, so I put the port number in place of the PIN.
    I did wonder if that might be the case. When I get back to focusing on the Android app, I'll try to simplify this stuff.