Thread: Forum Search

Forum Search

Is there somewhere I can read up on forum search capabilities and how to use them? I get w-a-a-y-y too many results and can't seem to narrow it down.

Thanks.
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Build 1803) - NextPVR - WinTV8
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    Is there somewhere I can read up on forum search capabilities and how to use them? I get w-a-a-y-y too many results and can't seem to narrow it down.
    My preference is to use a Google search ... You can specify in Google that you only want to search the NextPVR forum site ... something like ... site:forums.nextpvr.com emby ...
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    My preference is to use a Google search ... You can specify in Google that you only want to search the NextPVR forum site ... something like ... site:forums.nextpvr.com emby ...

What he said. Plus you can search phrases "in quotes", words that must be include in "quotes" and what should be excluded - , along with a myriad of other neat options.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Many thanks, people. I never knew one could do that!

EDIT: Can I use that technique from within the forum? How?
    Last edited by jcole998; 2019-03-21 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Shoulda been asked.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    EDIT: Can I use that technique from within the forum? How?
    Nope ... You do it from google.com just as you would with any other search ... plus there is this ... https://www.google.com/advanced_search
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Thanks, again.