Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computer not sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by robbyp View Post
    My take.

So, since the change in frequencies, my signal quality (considering I was prev a group E) from mendip frequencies has deteriorated since the switch in april to lower frequencies.

This is causing more errors in the EPG data. This is is triggering faults in the decoding in NPVR which is causing exceptions.

The routined in NPVR need probably to be more robust to bit errors.

And in june, when the freq switches end, i need a new antenna.
    NextPVR does check the CRC of any EPG data it receives, so in theory shouldn't be trying to parse any broken bits of data, and we have seen any common complaints of these types of issues in the past, but it's possible there is something I'm missing.

When you do an 'update epg', is it usually a specific frequency that has issues? If so, you might be able to go to the 'advanced dvb epg settings screen' on the Setting->Misc2 screen and just disable that frequency to see if it makes a difference.

I looked into that. It would fail on one frequency, crash, then next time it would go past that frequency and then fail on another. So now it has a partial EPG loaded from some multiplexes gathered using above three sessions before it crashed each time.

So the answer is, no, its not just one multiplex which is failing..

Cheers

When I'm back home next week, you can try using the eval version of TSCapture (http://tscapture.com) to capture a 1 minute full ts, put the file somewhere like dropbox or one drive, and I'll load it up in my signal generator to try reproducing the problem in the debugger.

There is no point in doing that until I'm home though, since I'll need fresh files, with future guide listings etc.

Okay, will do. I've limited the capture to a few crucial multiplexes for manual testing, unfort the main one (BBCA on 562 Mhz Mendip UK) is the one which seems to fault the most.

Its def. signal related, as in, sometimes it can pass thru a multiplex, and sometimes it crashes out NPVR.

As I said, they are mucking about with the frequencies in the UK for the 700MHz clearance so a lot of signals are going to be out of band of the installed antennas in the future. A great boom for aerial installers!

Thanks

Also, the point when it crashes in the 60s is random - it can last 55s, or 10s. It can get lucky and get thru the lot.

.and as per my comment in a different thread. My optimism in saying here that I didn't have the problem has been shot down in flames. It's started for me too about 5 days ago. I'm on Belmont transmitter (NW UK).

Something has definitely changed as my EPG updates have been stable for a long time till now.

Happy to provide a full TS capture should Sub need an alternative one.

Oh and just to add...the crash doesn't seem to be at one specific frequency or channel.
    NPVR Version= 4.2.4_190307
    Intel i7 Quad Core 3200 + 16GB DDR2 Gigabyte Motherboard
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    BlackGold dual DVB T & S tuner
    60Gb SSD System Disk (Raid 1)
    60Gb SSD Recording Cache
    4Tb Media Store (WD Red 4Tb x 2 in Raid 1)

Raspberry Pi2 running OSMC (Kodi v18.3) x 2
    Raspberry Pi3 B+ running OSMC (Kodi v18.3)

I'm back home in a few days, and will ask you guys to supply sample streams when I'm ready to check it out.

I'm back home now.

Could some of your guys install the evaluation version of tscapture from https://tscapture.com, then capture a 1 minute full ts from problem frequencies, then put the files somewhere like dropbox or onedrive, and let me know the download link, I'll try them here in my signal generator.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I'm back home now.

Could some of your guys install the evaluation version of tscapture from https://tscapture.com, then capture a 1 minute full ts from problem frequencies, then put the files somewhere like dropbox or onedrive, and let me know the download link, I'll try them here in my signal generator.
    Here is a zip of PSB1 (DVB-T) & PSB3 (DVB-T2) https://transfernow.net/015j98k1a3ji

Would you believe it looks as though the auto update worked without crashing this morning. Clean logs attached. also crash dump from 11/05/2019 which was the last one generated.

Installed Patch Tuesday update hour before the EPG update - I wonder?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

In the interest of science, I have just tried a Manual epg update which completed without crashing NPVR - it hasn't done that since mid March.
    Again clean logs attached.
    Update - just went in to the program guide - No show details everywhere.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lao Pan; 2019-05-15 at 06:12 AM.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives