Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X-NEWA End of Life

Close it is supposed to be compatible with NextPVR v4 too.

Martin

knew4v5 2.6.0 has been added to the repo

Here is the changelog

- New name knew4v5
    - support python3 for Kodi v19 and python2
    - initial support for web client for NextPVR v5
    - Removed NEWA use on NextPVR v5
    - added tempo control for Kodi v18

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    knew4v5 2.6.0 has been added to the repo
    The repo on 000wehost, right? It's not showing up for me yet. :-(

Yes version 1.07 didn't change. Did you try to manually check for updates on the repo?

Martin

I am a bit late to this as been away but will get involved as I have 2 X RPi3 and a Celeron nettop clients. I have spare AMD powered nettop which have just updated to latest LibreElec and installed the new client. It seemed to work OK then realised both versions were installed and it must still be booting the old version. Now I know I will have the old version as a backup I have installed on all 3 clients and a brief check showed it plays several recordings and skips OK which is about all I ask it to do. However I wont have chance to give it a full test tonight so will report back in a couple of days.

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 8 - Storage 2 X 3TB - Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorld UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients:- 2 X RPi3, Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop all running X-NEWA on LibreElec plus Amazon Fire Stick (32bit) running X-NEWA on Kodi.

Martin

I installed 2.6.4 since auto updated to 2.6.6 on four clients running the latest LibreElec on 2 X RPi3, a Celeron Nettop and an AMD Nettop. I disabled X-NEWA autostart so I could use knew4v5 but still have X-NEWA available in case of problems. So far after several hours of normal use watching several SD and HD recordings, skipping adverts etc it behaves the same as X-NEWA as far as I can tell so have started to delete X-NEWA from clients!

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 8 - Storage 2 X 3TB - Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorld UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients:- 2 X RPi3, Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop all running X-NEWA on LibreElec plus Amazon Fire Stick (32bit) running X-NEWA on Kodi.

Great news thanks, you should be able to autostart knew4v5 too, but I expect to be push versions more frequently as v5 progresses and so it might require a bit of maintenance. It is nice to know that the huge python3 upgrade should not be as much as an issue as I expected.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by jcjefferies View Post
    ... after several hours of normal use watching several SD and HD recordings, skipping adverts etc it behaves the same as X-NEWA as far as I can tell so have started to delete X-NEWA from clients! Chris
    Oh you had me at skipping adverts ... I might need to put it on my TV, Rpi2 ... was holding off a wee bit just watching how this was going (thank you BrettB for guinea pigging).

Will a KNEW4 "how to" be created for installing? I've often had to refer back to the old XNEWA one for reinstalls / new installs.

k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

@jksmurf if you have installed the repo for x-newa, the new client should already be there as an additional option. You can install it and have both client on the Addon Program screen. Otherwise the sticky is applicable to both clients, except where it says script.xbmc.x-newa it will be script.kodi.knew4v5. I probably will refresh it as v5 progresses.

@BrettB and @pkscout where certainly helpful in getting here.

Martin

@jksmurf if you have installed the repo for x-newa, the new client should already be there as an additional option. Martin
    Cheers. I found it on my Windows Test machine and it installed OK. I disabled the XNEWA one as I didn't want both to try to Autostart. Is the method of Autostarting the same as for XNEWA?

You can install it and have both client on the Addon Program screen. Otherwise the sticky is applicable to both clients, except where it says script.xbmc.x-newa it will be script.kodi.knew4v5. I probably will refresh it as v5 progresses.Martin
    OK cool.

@BrettB and @pkscout where certainly helpful in getting here.Martin
    Thanks to both, cheers. k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.