Thread: Best way to automate commercial removal

Best way to automate commercial removal

I've been using comskip forever to mark the commercials. I often times use plex to view my recordings and I'd like to avoid commercials there too. Comskip is good enough that I'd like to automate the commercial removal, but I'd like to keep the correct file structure, metadata or whatever is needed so Nextpvr still works correctly just using the new commercial free files.

Is there something I can add to the PostProcessing.bat file to just remove commercials and re-encode if needed. I searched a bit but most of the post were older.

You simply need to rename the NextPVR file to a new filename and rename the com cleaned version to the name that was the NextPVR filename assuming it is still mpegts

Martin

I would love to see your comskip.ini file. I have been using it for years and it will work great on one show and be terrible on another. I would never trust comskip enough to actually cut video out of the original.

JLM

I use the basic comskip donator file and it works good enough. I'm sure it'll make mistakes, but I'm tired of watching commercials in plex. I'm hoping to do some type of comcut or mcebuddy that's automated and just does it. Either call it in postprocessing or just monitor the directory.

I didn't know if someone already had a setup they could share if not I'll work something out.