Advert:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: v5 testers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    90,421

    v5 testers

    The new multi-platform NextPVR v5 is progressing well. At this stage I've only got a few guys helping me out with testing, and I'd like to get a wider pool of people using it.

    NextPVR v5 works on Windows, Linux (x64 and Arm32 at this stage) and Mac. It is also available as a docker container, which should be usable in environments like on a NAS, or LibreELEC etc. The app currently comes as the backend recording service, and a web app. The nextpvr.exe UI will also be supplied in the near future for Windows users. For now users can interact with it using the web app, or Kodi, or the existing NextPVR iOS/Android apps, or nlite.exe.

    Ideally you'll have an account on the forum which is at least 6 months old with a few posts to your name (so not a new user), and be somewhat technical (comfortable with the basics of Linux and/or Docker etc, can unzip stuff, set environment variables etc). If you're interested in helping out, send me a PM to let me know, along with some summary info (like devices you're using, and maybe what platforms you're hoping to test it on).

    If you're wanting to test v5 in hopes of fixing some issues you have with NextPVR v4, then this isn't for you - NextPVR v4 is definitely the most stable version. NextPVR v5 is very much a work in progress. In the near future we'll do a public beta, when I'm happy with stability, so anyone can test it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Kentucky USA
    Posts
    63
    Does v5 work with the current Kodi add-on?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    90,421
    Quote Originally Posted by UncT View Post
    Does v5 work with the current Kodi add-on?
    Yes it does, with a caveat around live tv. To use live tv you need to be using the preview mode. To use timeshift mode needs an updated add-on with recent changes Martin has made to support v5.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vinita, OK
    Posts
    165
    Hey sub the Linux bit what API is it V4L2 ?.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    90,421
    Quote Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
    Hey sub the Linux bit what API is it V4L2 ?.
    V4L2 is mainly about analog devices, which are not supported under Linux at this stage. It uses the Linux DVB api for supporting digital tuners (ATSC, DVB etc). On Linux it also supports the IPTV, HDHR, SAT>IP etc, using the native network protocols required for those types of devices.

    v5 is designed for other tuner types to be plugged in later, so analog may be added for Linux in the future.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vinita, OK
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    V4L2 is mainly about analog devices, which are not supported under Linux at this stage. It uses the Linux DVB api for supporting digital tuners (ATSC, DVB etc). On Linux it also supports the IPTV, HDHR, SAT>IP etc, using the native network protocols required for those types of devices.

    v5 is designed for other tuner types to be plugged in later, so analog may be added for Linux in the future.
    I know it for analog devices that why I ask as it be very used for older card PCI/PCIe/USB with S-Video/Composite, Granite the HD-PVR Linux can't done due to way the package was made I'm not expecting it maybe some day some a smart Linux dev can rewrite it.
    Any way can sent over a copy of v5 Linux I love see ATSC support.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Original UK, USA for now
    Posts
    220
    Good day...When will v5 be out?
    (Client) Windows 10 Pro 1803 Custom Box, I7-4790 Quad Core, 8GB Ram 64-bit
    (Server) Windows Server 2016, I7-4790 Quad Core, 16GB Ram 64-bit
    WinTV Hauppauge Quad Tuners

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    90,421
    Quote Originally Posted by snaitaz View Post
    Good day...When will v5 be out?
    This is a big release - pretty much a rewrite of most of the app. It's going to live alongside the current v4.2.x release for a while. A public beta will be available in the coming weeks. I'd recommend people stick with 4.2.x until things settle down on the v5 builds - with this many changes there is bound to be quite a bit of stuff that needs fixing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vinita, OK
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    This is a big release - pretty much a rewrite of most of the app. It's going to live alongside the current v4.2.x release for a while. A public beta will be available in the coming weeks. I'd recommend people stick with 4.2.x until things settle down on the v5 builds - with this many changes there is bound to be quite a bit of stuff that needs fixing.
    So how much hair do have left now LoL.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Original UK, USA for now
    Posts
    220
    Xlnt I can't wait for this version...but I must...lol...cheers!
    (Client) Windows 10 Pro 1803 Custom Box, I7-4790 Quad Core, 8GB Ram 64-bit
    (Server) Windows Server 2016, I7-4790 Quad Core, 16GB Ram 64-bit
    WinTV Hauppauge Quad Tuners

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •