Advert:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: v5 testers

What .NET version does v5 require for Windows users?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    What .NET version does v5 require for Windows users?
    It's currently using .NET Core 2.2. Some of the builds include the required runtime files though, so don't require you to install any separate runtime.

Happy to help test. I've got TVH running here on Ubuntu 18.04 in a docker container so firing up a NextPVR alongside would be trivial. Fronting my TVH with Kodi clients so happy to give some early feedback if you want.

Also very happy to test, I can test in Docker/VM/Physical Windows, RasPI (interested to try the Pi with the Pi TV hat) Etx... been using next a while so im reasonably familiar with the various bits.

This is a bit dumb, but for Windows, if I want I can install v5 alongside v4 if I use a different port and I can configure using the usual nextpvr.exe as well ?. The nextpvr.exe should be in the same directory as the server so that it knows to use v5 or is that something to do with using the different port like 8867 as you suggested ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrbee99 View Post
    This is a bit dumb, but for Windows, if I want I can install v5 alongside v4 if I use a different port and I can configure using the usual nextpvr.exe as well ?. The nextpvr.exe should be in the same directory as the server so that it knows to use v5 or is that something to do with using the different port like 8867 as you suggested ?
    In general, if you do install it on the same machine, it's in separate directories, and one is configured to use a different port (like 8867). After doing this you'll end up with two totally separate installs - ie, your v4 nextpvr.exe will just configure the v4 setup. The v5 setup is done via the new web app.

Best to create a new thread in the v5 support forum if you want to discuss further.

Thanks for the info.

(didn't even notice the v5 support forum existed...)