Thread: Roku Channel / App / Client

Roku Channel / App / Client

Is there any prospect or possibility of a native Roku client for NextPVR?
    I bought a Roku 4K stick a couple of days ago and it's fab for NetFlix, youtube and UK VoD services (e.g. BBC iPlayer) and it would be fab to be able to use Roku as the single point of entry for all my TV viewing.
    The only options appear to pay top dollar for potentially sub-optimal NextPVR access via Plex or Emby, support for which in future releases is NextPVR seems unclear. I'd rather give $$ to Sub...
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

I'm planning on update the Emby addon for v5 and it should be the second best choice. They do have more focus on various transcoding clients like Roku.

I wrote 2nd best, because Android and Apple are generally better choices for direct and transcoded playback and sub already has some clients you can purchase from the appropriate store. If you want you can use Kodi too, and just donate more to sub.

Martin

I do have a roku ultra, so maybe one day. It's not something I'm looking into at this stage though - stretched too thin on other stuff already.

ok, many tx. For myself, it's more just curiosity than a compelling need I can easily switch from nextpvr to roku inputs using my smart remote (except the inputs on my soundbar sometimes get confused).
    However, Roku has 27 million active accounts. If 1% of this audience were prepared to pay a few dollars for a channel app that would enable them to add TV scheduling and playback to their Roku devices, that could be a very good business to be in.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

+1

269,998 to go for 1%.

Martin