Thread: Context Menu via remote

Context Menu via remote

Is there any way to have the context menu(right click popup menu) able to appear by an ir code. I am using a JP1 loaded remote that controls just about everything on NPVR (using wmc codes) this includes PIP. I have tried a few WMC keyboardupgrades on JP1 site but can't seem to get the "right click" code to work?

I know Windows has several different keyboard shortcuts for their Context Menu including Function-Menu , Shift-F10 etc ...These shortcuts do not work for the NPVR context menu if someone could get one of these shortcuts to open the NPVR Context Menu(instead of right click) I could use Advanced MCE Remote Mapper to assign it to a key on my remote.

Is there a change to XML Config - <ContextMenuOnRightMouseButton>true</ContextMenuOnRightMouseButton>
    that would work or add a line to the keymapping XML Config?

There isn't anything build in that would do this. Those menus were really built for driving by mouse.

There used to be a few utilities (like http://byremote.com.au/HIP/ etc), that you could use could configure to interact with applications by sending window messages, or fake keypresses etc. You might be able to do something like that.

Thanks for the reply not sure about the HIP software ...was just looking for a solution within NPVR... All I need is the ability to have Context Menu pop up the arrow and enter keys already work with the context menu

There is nothing there at the moment, but I can try to add something for the next release to show the context menu. (it wouldn't surprise me if you then find more issues with trying to drive the menus with a remote though - so not entirely sure what you're hoping to do is even possible)

Thanks. I know using the remote to access the menu this way is not ideal but sometimes while watching tv I dont have the keyboard in hand but have the remote....some things ...stay on top,exit, mute, pip size etc.. are accessable via remote. Anything you come up with would be appreciated!