Thread: USBUIRTSend and ENTER key

USBUIRTSend and ENTER key

I'm using the USBUIRTSend.exe to change channels on my dish receiver from this post:
    https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...SBUIRTSend-exe

There are 2 issues:
    1. There appears to be no option to include the enter key with the channel number, so changing channels is slower than necessary.
    2. I need to manually wake the receiver up each day by sending an enter key. (I did this with Beyond TV by scheduling a manual recording each day)

How do I include/send the ENTER key?
    I've tried various combinations and either get a crash or error message.
    Example:
    USBUIRTSend.exe dish311 ENTER
    Unexpected error calling UUIRTTransmitIR
    (Sending a channel number works)

If the source code was available, I would be willing to add this support myself.

Here's the source code. Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

YMMV but in the case of my STB, I found that if I properly zero-padded the tuning parameters there was no need for an enter or to wait for a timeout. For the wake request in my daily update EPG batch file I send a request to tune a channel.

Martin

Padding the channels with zeros didn't work with my STB.
    I modified the code to check the configuration file for a new PrependEnter and/or AppendEnter flag and sent the Enter key appropriately if set.

USBUIRT proposed modifications

Small code changes attached.
    To enable ENTER before or after channel change, add one or both of the following lines to the USB-UIRT IR file (learned from remote):
    PrependEnter 1
    AppendEnter 1

i.e.:
    USB-UIRT IR file
    InterCodeDelay 100
    RepeatCount 3
    PrependEnter 1
    AppendEnter 1

The numbers are ignored at the moment, simply the presence of the line enables the functionality. Not sure if there is a need to press Enter N times or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by artmetz; 2019-04-27 at 01:57 PM.

Cheers artmetz this looks a nice addition.

I went through a lot of trials trying to get a device working (turned out it just didn't work under my desk for some reason), but your addition looks useful (for those that might need it).

k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.