Thread: Anything other than .ts files?

Anything other than .ts files?

Hi. I just tried the android tv client. I like it. I have the recordings remuxed to mkv's which play great on the server pc, but fail to play on this client. screen goes blank. Is this expected behavior for now, or might this be an issue on my end? PC is running latest server as of today and client running on 2015 Shield.

Thanks,

Bobby

I definitely only test .ts files, since that is the file type that NextPVR creates. Any other formats are unlikely to work on the client devices. I may be able to add support for these other file types, but it'll need to wait until NextPVR v5 is out. (I'm not going to have the bandwidth to work on the client apps until then)

Ok. Thank you for the quick response. Might the ability to play videos from the server be added down the road as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
    Might the ability to play videos from the server be added down the road as well?
    Do you mean other videos on the server, rather than recordings? Yeah maybe - I hadn't really put much thought into this feature yet.

Yes. Exactly what I meant. Guess I have to wait till it's back in the spotlight😊 Thanks for all you folks have done with npvr!

Using xnewa or knew4v5 addon with Kodi for Android the web client interface provides access to the video library and anything else you need to do that isn't in the Android port.

Martin