Thread: How do you get channel icons from Schedules Direct

How do you get channel icons from Schedules Direct

I'm sure that I just don't know what I'm doing. For years, I've used my own channel logos, so I know how to do that. I understand that Schedules Direct, which I now use, can supply logos. For the life of me, I cannot seem to figure out how to get that to work, and I have not found anything in the Wiki (I DID look!). Can someone illuminate me? Is this even possible?

There is an option in the settings in the artwork area that *looks* like it should do what you want, but when I enable artwork download, then enable Schedules Direct and select only the logo for artwork download, even after I purge my EPG and then update it no channel logos are downloaded (at least not anywhere I can find). So I guess we're both equally confused on how (or if) it works. '-)

If you go the the [...] button in the EPG setup beside a Schedules Direct Lineup option there is another dialog that has button to download the logos for active channels. Not exactly intuitive, but it is also where you enter the SD user ID and password.

Martin

Thanks and sorry took so long for response. Forgot to subscribe. Wow, that's pretty buried. I think you are talking about the place in device setup (for me it's colossus). Didn't try it yet because I have my own pretty good icons.

No I found it in the EPG guide details.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
    Wow, that's pretty buried.
    There was no really good place for it.

For some types of setups, it'll download the icons automatically, and you'll never need that button.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    No I found it in the EPG guide details.

Martin
    I can't find that. I did find the … button in he device setup. If I have my own stuff in MEDIA>CHANNELS, does that override anything that may come from schedules direct?