Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recording to NAS?

Right now I'm recording v4 to my NAS but recently got a 2nd, smaller NAS. Might be the perfect time to be a docker virgin.

Paul
    Custom ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16 GB Memory-ASUS GeForce 1050 Ti, H115i Pro AIO, 850W PS, CM H500P case, Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram, Samsung 970 EVO, HDHomerun Prime & Extend Tuners- running Windows 10 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    In v5 you can just type in a recording path.
    On non Windows platforms UNC paths cannot be typed in. You need to map the shared folders at the OS level

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    On non Windows platforms UNC paths cannot be typed in. You need to map the shared folders at the OS level
    True - you'd need to mount any volumes on Linux/Mac.

I presently have a Windows media server still going strong (although with a very occassional CPU lock-up) since the days of GBPVR on a Sandy bridge Intel i5 platform, however I have in the last year I built a NAS server using Unraid.

It has been a desire to have the NAS storage and to run NextPVR on the one box powered 24/7 and just use clients at each TV.
    With v4 I would have to run a Windows VM, but then I have to passthrough I/O for the PCIe tuner which the mobo/CPU combination wasn't going to allow, forcing me to look to network based tuner instead.

Now with V5 I have been able to configure a docker on the NAS server and use a Hauppage Win-TV PCIe card. I can now view and record TV using the NAS server alone.
    Server: ASRock P67 Pro3 B3, i5 2500K 4.0Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia GT430 HDMI, Win 10 Pro 64bit.
    Hauppage Win-TV 2210 Dual DVB-T & analogue, Win-TV Quad HD, Win-TV Nova-T USB.
    Client: Intel NUC i3 Broadwell, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD, Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by vintdiesel View Post
    Now with V5 I have been able to configure a docker on the NAS server and use a Hauppage Win-TV PCIe card. I can now view and record TV using the NAS server alone.
    Great! Glad to hear all that work I put into v5 is starting to pay off for some users