Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording to NAS?

Sounds like the way to go. I'd love to have it all on the NAS and look forward to that.

Paul
    Custom ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16 GB Memory-ASUS GeForce 1050 Ti, H115i Pro AIO, 850W PS, CM H500P case, Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram, Samsung 970 EVO, HDHomerun Prime & Extend Tuners- running Windows 10 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 10

My goal is to eventually switch to a small low-power htpc, store all recordings on a NAS and have 3-4 minicomputerss (read china tv boxes) running Linux and do the comskip after recording

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    (in v5 you'll also have the option of installing on the NAS)
    Will the official NextPVR v5 remain a Docker image for installing on a NAS (Openmediavault), or will it be a plugin? Just curious.

I'm not creating anything special for NAS devices, like Openmediavault plugins. There is a couple of docker builds though, and these should be installable on NAS devices that support Docker.

Of all the flavours of v5 the docker image is by far the easiest to install and maintain. It wouldn't work anyway because Debian is not supported at this time, what possible value do you see with a plugin?

Martin

ok
    Last edited by VCR58; 2019-06-03 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    You just tell nextpvr to record to the UNC path. ie \\servername\path

The only trick is making sure it is a path that is connectable by all users (so that the 'localsystem' account can access it), or configure the recording service to run as the user account you'd like to use for accessing the NAS.

(in v5 you'll also have the option of installing on the NAS)

Hey Sub, I noticed that it told me to use the UNC paths in a warning dialogue but at no point would it allow me to type a path in, it would only let me browse using the popup browser, even in edit i couldnt manually add a path.
    So all i can to is navigate ot mapped network drives, guess this could just be a bug in the UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Tompeel View Post
    Hey Sub, I noticed that it told me to use the UNC paths in a warning dialogue but at no point would it allow me to type a path in, it would only let me browse using the popup browser, even in edit i couldnt manually add a path.
    So all i can to is navigate ot mapped network drives, guess this could just be a bug in the UI?
    Did you try navigating to Networks and from there pick a shared directory?

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"