Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Title/Filename Issue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    181

    Title/Filename Issue

    Hi
    I have a series record with 4 episodes now recorded that would play on the PC but not on NMT. Had me puzzled and took me a while to figure out the problem but it's characters in the programme name.
    An example filename was 'British.Made,.with.John.Prescott.S01E01.Lea.&.Per rins;.Soreen.ts'. (Even this forum doesn't like it - the space in Perrins only appears when I preview/post this!) I finally figured out that it was either the comma or the semi-colon as when I removed both of them from the filenames and DB entries they all play fine.
    Not a huge issue, and as I say it only failed on NMT not directly on PC.
    Cheers
    Dual Pentium 1.8GHz, 4GB, 5TB, Colossus, NOVA-T, NOVA-HD-S2, W10 NPVR 4.2.4, 3 PCH A100, 2 PCH A110

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    The space in Perrins is a vBulletin problem with long character strings which has been on the go for as long as I can remember...

    Alex

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,061
    For the NMT there is a config option to turn off long filename support which is probably the source of the problem.

    Martin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •